Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fix ATM strategy

Hello,

sorry that question but I have a problem and I couldnt solve it.

I have setup different ATM-"strategies" in chart-trader. The important thing is beside the stop the quantity as this is different for futures, CFD and forex.

How can I fix an ATM-strategy to a chart or instrument? There apprears the strategy name but a wrong quantity at the beginning, one has to select another strategy and then back to the strategy I want so that the correct quantity is shown in chart trader.

And sometimes it occurs - I dont know when, maybe when reconnecting or other reasons - that the strategy and especially the correct quantity is not there and I have to click and select all again.

Thank you
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your inquiry. An ATM Strategy template cannot necessarily be attached to an instrument, or chart per se. That being said, you can save your workspace with the ATM Strategy selected on your chart and your workspace will be preserved in that way.

The same goes for saving quantities. If you change any quantities in your ATM Strategy, make sure to resave the template if you'd like to preserve those changes.

Please let me know if this does not answer your question, or if I can be of any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I test it if it works this way.

Where can I set the default quantity in charttrader to another value please.
      It occurs that there is "None" and "1000" when opening a workspace or connecting or...
      However, as I work with 2 computers and a lot of charts I can not be afraid that there is some chart a quantity of 1000 somehow, when I trade 3 futures. To avoid permanent control activity on my end, where can I set a default value for quantity of 1 instead of 1000 please? Then there will not be a problem (beside the lack of stop) when there is an entry with "none" and only 1 contract instead of the strategy I thought to work.

WHERE CAN ONE SET THE DEFAULT QUANTITY "1" IN CHART TRADER?

Best
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZachS View Post
      Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your inquiry. An ATM Strategy template cannot necessarily be attached to an instrument, or chart per se. That being said, you can save your workspace with the ATM Strategy selected on your chart and your workspace will be preserved in that way.

The same goes for saving quantities. If you change any quantities in your ATM Strategy, make sure to resave the template if you'd like to preserve those changes.

Please let me know if this does not answer your question, or if I can be of any further assistance.
      Last edited by tonynt; 09-10-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader  
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader