X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Loading data..."

CL 10-14

Kinetick

I reloaded historical data and the chart says 'Loading data...' but never refreshes.

I rebooted, and now on my 1440 min chart with NYMEX ETH template selected, there is only one bar. I reloaded historical data and nothing changes.

Please advise.

Comment

NT is now presenting a proper chart. Was there an issue perhaps with kinetick's server for CL?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I haven't noticed or received reports of any problems with CL for Kinetick, but I will keep my eyes open.

Please let us know if you experience this again.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same thing is occurring again at this time, except it is ZN. I have not checked CL. I have a tick chart, a weekly chart, and a 1440 chart. Only the 1440 chart sits there with, 'Loading data...' not refreshing.

Please advise.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Do you experience this when you open NinjaTrader without a workspace, and attempt to load the data to fresh chart with no templates or indicators applied?

To test this, I would like you to try and reproduce the issue without your saved workspace on a chart that has no indicators applied.
            As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
            • Shut down NinjaTrader
            • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
            • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
            • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
            • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
            If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue without your saved workspace.

Comment

Yes, I got the same issue on a chart without the workspace after following your directions.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please shut down NinjaTrader, go to (My)Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db. Once within the "db" folder, please delete the "cache" folder. Now, relaunch NinjaTrader. Your charts may take a moment longer than normal to load.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

Yes, I did this yesterday, but it failed to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please sent a note to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com, and send your log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                    • The log file will be named "log.20140908.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                    • The trace file will be named "trace.20140908.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Zach,

My data box fails to display after pressing the icon. Please advise.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

I've sent a response via email.

Comment

After the re-install the 1440 chart with either RHT or ETH worked great...for awhile. I have had a few instances since the re-install where the 1440 chart will do weird things. After hitting 'Reload historical data' at times it will still just sit there and never refresh. Other times it will refresh if I try 15 min later.

Is there some issue with the 1440 chart? I use kinetick and will try another instrument, which will work perfectly most of the time. It just seems glitchy at times.

Thanks for the prompt help on this issue earlier!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

There is nothing wrong with 1440 Minute charts in particular. If you are experience slow loading times, try applying some of our performance tips to your workspace and see if you continue to experience the same behavior. Could it be that you have several indicators that need to process the data and calculate as well? Are you loading a lot of days on your 1440 Minute charts?

Please see the performance tips below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/performance_tips2.htm

Please let me know if you experience this after applying the performance tips.

Comment

I have a 1440 min chart going back 365 days for CL ETH template. I have a weekly chart for 1825 days using the same template for CL. When I reload historical data the 1440 frequently sits at 'Loading data...' and never refreshes, even after I shut NT down and restart. I have no indicators on the 1440. The weekly chart however refreshes quickly.

I just loaded at 1440 CL 10/14 chart using ETH template for 25 days and attempted to reload historical data. It failed to reload. I had no indicators.

Please advise. This is the same issue that prompted me to start this thread whose only resolution was to re-install NT.
                              Last edited by nepenthean; 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick