NinjaTrader, MBT, Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader, MBT, Forex

I purchased a lifetime license for NinjaTrader with MBTrading. Maybe I shouldn't have, I got excited by the ATM and SuperDOM, and, now I'm not certain I'm getting what I thought I was getting. I have installed 6.5.1000.1 I have an eSignal subscription, so, I set up an eSingnal connection, and then a MBTrading connection with eSignal as the backup. Is this correct?

So, I connect to MBTrading. I see in my list of accounts my MBT account, and the SYM101 account. So far, so good. On the Order tab of the Control Center, I can set the type to "Currency" and then '...' button allows me to select one of 19 instruments, EURUSD, etc. That's correct. But, I can't select any Forex instruments on most of the order entry windows. This includes the basic, the FX Pro and the DOM windows. The only instrument selections I see are the ES, YM, NQ, etc. I don't see a place to select type to currency.

Now, I didn't even know until just now that there is a chart order entry. That looks major cool. And, it seems I can select currencies. But, there are still some glitches. First, the chart seems to only start at the moment I open it. If I set the chart to go back 1 day or 100 bars or something, it doesn't. I just get the current bar forward. Similar for if I add indicators. They won't be on the whole chart, only on the chart from the moment I told it to add them forward. Further, on the chart itself, there's an instrument drop down, but no Forex is listed there either. If I want to change from, say EURUSD to AUDUSD, I can't directly do it. I've got to close the chart and do a new chart.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

You will need to add currency instruments to the instrument list in the Instrument Manager. You can find instructions how to accomplish this in the link below.

Unfortunately, MBTrading does not support historical data as you can see in the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

The indicators need data to be calculated, since there is no historical data in your chart, the indicator will only be calculated from the moment you receive data.

Once you added the instruments to your instrument list, you will also be able to select them from the instrument drop down menu of your chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      You will need to add currency instruments to the instrument list in the Instrument Manager. You can find instructions how to accomplish this in the link below.
      AHA! Thanks. I knew I had to be missing something somewhere!

Unfortunately, MBTrading does not support historical data as you can see in the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
      Yes, I understand. But I ALSO have eSignal, and set up eSignal as my backup to MBTrading. I was expecting it to use eSignal for the historical data.

The indicators need data to be calculated, since there is no historical data in your chart, the indicator will only be calculated from the moment you receive data.
      But the indicators weren't even going to the beginning of when I had data, only to the beginning of when I put them on the chart. For example, say I open a chart. As noted, I don't get any bars prior to openning the chart. But, say 10 minutes pass by on a 1-minute chart. By that time, I've got 10 bars. So, I add an indicator. The indicator doesn't go back to the first of those 10 bars, it just goes back to the moment I put that indicator on the chart.

Comment

Hi,

You will need to connect to both eSignal and MBTrading simultaneously to backfill your charts. The eSignal back up connection will only be used if MBTrading is disconnected. More information about multiple account connections can be found in the link below.

Most indicators need historical data to be calculated. Most likely, the indicator needed the previous 10 bars to calculate its value.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
          You will need to connect to both eSignal and MBTrading simultaneously to backfill your charts. The eSignal back up connection will only be used if MBTrading is disconnected. More information about multiple account connections can be found in the link below.

Cool. This is what I needed. I was a little frustrated and wasn't entirely sure I made the right choice of product. But, with the information you have provided, I believe I will likely be able to get the product to do what I need. Thanks for your help.

Comment

With our next update, you will be able to connect to both eSignal and MBT simultaneously.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              With our next update, you will be able to connect to both eSignal and MBT simultaneously.
              I haven't tried it yet, but, I thought that Jason said that I could do that now. Can you clarify?

At any rate, while I know you can't make promises on delivery, but, I was wondering what the rough time frame for this "next update" is, like a week, a month, a quarter?

Comment

Well, I just tried it, and it seemed to work, connecting to both eSignal and MBT simultaneously. Chart came up correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  Any eta for the next update?

Thanks

Comment

Likely within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                      Likely within the next 2 weeks.
                      Thanks for the response. But, I'm still wondering what it is supposed to do different than the current edition? I haven't actually tried placing a live trade yet, I'm still learning the software. But, I can seem to connect to both eSignal and MBT at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rhubear
                      by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                      8 responses
                      1 like