draw horizontal line @wicks use the High and Low price series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draw horizontal line @wicks use the High and Low price series

I use range/unirenko/hybrid bars, is it possible once bar closes to draw horizontal line/ray from closed bar to the right of chart? line location would start at wick/body (referring to where wick joins candle body)? This line would work like the swingray indi's once line touches price it becomes broken. Can this be coded in ninja?suggestions
    thx for replies in advance

Hi Rad4633, welcome to our forums - so to understand correctly, the challenge would be to access the 'true' wicks / high low prices that the custom type would otherwise not include in its display and you wanted to use those as anchor for your rays?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No to using true wicks....to clarify I just want to plot a ray from where fabricated bar wick joins the body. As we both know some bar types have wicks on both end etc. So the logic behind the hybrid bars(unirenko etc) is mainly the bar types I want use. Now on to the plotting.... the logic in code that makes the hybrid etc bar plot the way they do, I want to see if there is a way to plot a ray from the wick joining body location. On fabricated type bars wick on one end an the close and open of new bar starts same location. So can this be done on hybrid,uni etcs to plot from the wick/body location? I understand on normal bars this would be a mess but Im not using those bar types
      Last edited by Rad4633; 09-11-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rad4633 View Post
        No to using true wicks....to clarify I just want to plot a ray from where fabricated bar wick joins the body. As we both know some bar types have wicks on both end etc. So the logic behind the hybrid bars(unirenko etc) is mainly the bar types I want use. Now on to the plotting.... the logic in code that makes the hybrid etc bar plot the way they do, I want to see if there is a way to plot a ray from the wick joining body location. On fabricated type bars wick on one end an the close and open of new bar starts same location. So can this be done on hybrid,uni etcs to plot from the wick/body location? I understand on normal bars this would be a mess but Im not using those bar types
        Even on those bars, there is OHLC data, and it means the same. The body and wicks confluence is always the Open value. (Yes, the synthetic one).

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Even on those bars, there is OHLC data, and it means the same. The body and wicks confluence is always the Open value. (Yes, the synthetic one).
          So you could code the logic to plot a ray from wick/body going horizontal to the right of chart ? if so could you add the logic in the code that would make the rays become broken when they touch price in the future? same as swing indi does?if so could you have in settings color for broken and color option for naked? this would be awesome and much appreciated... again thank you for your replies and help Ive searched hard to find this type of indi w no luck or knowledge wasnt there to make this happen
          Last edited by Rad4633; 09-11-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rad4633 View Post
            So you could code the logic to plot a ray from wick/body going horizontal to the right of chart ? if so could you add the logic in the code that would make the rays become broken when they touch price in the future? same as swing indi does?if so could you have in settings color for broken and color option for naked? this would be awesome and much appreciated... again thank you for your replies and help Ive searched hard to find this type of indi w no luck or knowledge wasnt there to make this happen
            PM me for a link to what information you will need to provide, and what you need to know.

In the meantime, you can take a look at this. The idea is not much different. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...78&postcount=6

You might want to read the whole thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite