Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug - Bar spacing on multiseries chart with chart trader

Dear NT support,
    when I open a multiseries chart and try to turn on/off chart trader to change account (to change markers displayed on the chart), the bar spacing of the series is messed up and there doesn't seem to be a possibility to fix it back through Ctrl+Up/Down hotkeys.

Here is a video link with the use case (won't be valid forever though):

Thanks,
    Lukas

I encoded the video with better codec to make sure it's compatible with the rest of the world:

Comment

Hello Lukas,

Unfortunately I could not view the video somehow. I downloaded the file and played it in Windows Media Player, but I did not see anything.

Please note that the 'Equidistant bar spacing' setting will be set to False and cannot be changed when using multiple data series. This is because all data series share the same time axis. Could this be causing the issue?
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
        thanks for quick reply. Did you try the second video link? The first was encoded with camtasia codec, which I suppose you don't have on you computer.
        I understand what you say about equidistant spacing, but I don't think this is the case. It should be clear from the video.
        Lukas

Comment

I am able to reproduce this behavior when enabling/disabling ChartTrader. The bars adjust because there is less room because ChartTrader is enabled. Please avoid enabling/disabling ChartTrader multiple times to avoid this issue. You could use separate charts - one for each account.

Comment

I did not see your second post initially, only when I just sent my first response.

Comment

The trouble is that I have my multiseries chart all beautifully set up and when I turn on / off the Chart Trader just once, it's already messed up. I need to do it because I need to change the account in chart trader and make screenshots of entry and exit markers for my trade journal.

I don't think that turning the chart trader on and off should influence the bar spacing anyhow ... and if so, the operation should be "repeatable" without making damage to the chart. You could see, that even when the bars are so widely spaced, it shows "Bar width=1" in the series settings, which is weird.

Comment

Considering the Bar width ... it's not weird actually, because it's the setting of the bar width, not the spacing, but the rest I wrote is valid.

Comment

I will forward your feedback that price bars should be unaffected when enabling/disabling ChartTrader in multi series charts to development to put it on the list.

Comment

This will be fixed in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rehmans