Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

datafeed question

Hi Support,

I have a multiple datafeed question. During the intraday, if I want to use zenfire for American markets like ES realtime data and IQfeed for Eurex (like dax,eurostoxx). How can I configure it in Ninja?

The reason is zenfire provides good American data but bad volume data/tick data for Eurex contracts. And I do not want to use IQfeed for American data.

Should I connect to zenfire first and then IQ 2nd, if I want to achieve this. But how do I configure Ninja, so that it pulls dax/eurostoxx data from IQ only?

Thanks
    RK

Thank you for your post.

This would only be possible with separate instances of NinjaTrader as NinjaTrader only defaults to the second connection when the data requested from the first connection is not available.

You would have to have the second instance on a seperate computer as only one instance can run per PC at a time.

Multiple Connections:
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jessica.

But any other work around that could be possible for this? I am not sure if I can have Ninja one another computer and connect to the same broker twice with 2 instances of Ninja.

Any way to force Ninja to not to get say dax data from zenfire? Like say if I go to instrument manager and delete the symbol for zenfire,..under dax,.."misc" field. So, that Ninja cannot download data from zenfire as it cannot find the symbol for the contract in zenfire and will be forced to get it from the next feed connection which would be IQfeed. Will that work?

If possible, I would like to request this feature, so that user can configure which feed to get the contract data from. As sometimes one feed is reliable for american,one for european and one for like Japanese.

Thanks
      RK

Comment

I tested this and I was able to make this work for a few different instruments.

Go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> Double Click on the instrument in the Master Instrument List--> Remove the Symbol mapping next to Zen-Fire in the Misc tab--> Add the instrument back to your Default Instrument List--> then test to see if you can receive data.
        JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for testing that Jessica.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes