NT not saving historical data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT not saving historical data?

I get my data from GAIN, and NT seems to not be saving that data. GAIN only gives out the last 24 hours of 1min data, so if I shut it off for a day and come back, NT will need to have saved that data or else I won't see it correctly.

However, NT seems to load saved esignal data that I have... for periods of time further back than since I started to use GAIN...

But between my esignal data and my new GAIN data there are "gaps" because NT did not save anything.... notice the dates and times on the chart below...

Do you have the option for "Store real-time data" checked in the Tools->Options?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes... under tools->data it is checked to save live historical bar data. I must have been seeing the market during those gaps because I see all the trades that I made that day, all stacked up there as seen in the screenshot below.

Comment

It does save esignal historical data, and maybe realtime data from esignal as well. It just doesn't save the data from GAIN. In fact, every time I open a new chart when connected to GAIN, it acts like it is completely redownloading whatever data is available.

I did read in another post that I should try to use ninja trader servers for historical backtesting on GAIN data, instead of gain servers. I understand you guys have tried to save GAIN data for a while.

Comment

That is correct. Curious. Are you connecting to both GAIN and eSignal at the same time?

Comment

No, just GAIN. Here is the setup to repeat it:

Connect first to esignal, download from 10/20/2007 till now. It saves the data. Connect to GAIN with GAIN historical in GAIN-demo mode. Let the chart run for more than a day. Disconnect. Reconnect again to GAIN the same way, and behold the gap in data.

I haven't actually done the above to see if it will repeat it, but that's more or less what I remember doing to get the gaps to appear as seen below.

Comment

I should note that the ninja trader historical data does seem to be getting saved, just like esignal historical gets saved. But something about GAIN servers is not getting saved, and it seems like it would have HAD to have been the real-time, because according to my chart below, I was trading that day where the gap appeared. The gap is gone now tho cuz I fried the data and redownloaded it from ninja trader servers.

Comment

Sorry I am out of ideas as to how the gap happened.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                1 response
                0 likes