Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal Problems

Hi Guys,

I just signed up for a data feed with eSingal (to add to my growing list of data providers!!)... I just tried to establish a connection as per your connection guides and I get the following error...

"Unable to locate component

Application failed to start becasue IMPLODE.DLL was not found"

etc...etc

Any ideas...?? I'm running NT 6.5.1000.1

Please make sure you have eSignal installed. Please consult with eSignal support on how to do that.

Comment

Ahh ok. So I need eSignal software installed regardless of the fact that I have a 'data only' package with them...?

Thanks Dierk.

Comment

Also Dierk, while I'm here, can I ask about getting historical data from IB... I keep getting a message saying I've hit my 'historical data download limit' for IB... and it won't give me any more data for a while.

This seems to be happening very quickly... i.e. if I try and load a years worth of AAPL daily data I hit the limit.

Does this sound right...? Is it a known issue...? If so, I guess none of your users use IB for historical data purposes...?

Comment

Please consult eSignal on what you have to install to use their services.

Comment

>> 'historical data download limit'
            Please consult IB support on what restrictions apply to your IB account.

Comment

Dierk,

How many connections can I have open in NT at one time... and it will it move down them in descending priority looking for data...??

i.e. could I have ZenFire, eSignal and IB open as connections in that order...?

Comment

>> could I have ZenFire, eSignal and IB open as connections in that order...?
                yes, provided you have a multi-broker license

>> will it move down them in descending priority looking for data...??
                yes

Comment

Problems with eSignal...

Guys, I'm having the same implode.dll error message and dbcapi.dll message immediately after it.

This a new installation on a fresh Windows Server PC. It all runs fine on personal desktop.

I installed eSignal 10 from www.esignal.com/download/default.asp (same version I have on my desktop)

I installed NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.1 and got this implode.dll message when I try to connect to eSignal. It recommends reinstalling which I have done.

NOTE: Could the problem be related to my installing NT first? I installed eSignal after NT.

The Data Manager itself starts up and connects fine. So the eSignal install worked properly.

Just now, I also completely uninstalled NT and then reinstalled it. That also failed to fix it.

Could it be that a couple of dlls are missing from the install?

Remember, this is Windows Server rather than a Window XP PC. But in another thread you said it should work find on Windows Server.

So what have I done wrong?

Sincerely,
                  Wayne

Comment

Wait, the dll's are there. So what gives?

I looked and found the NinjaTrader 6.5/bin/ESignal folder which contains both of these dll's.

So they're there. Why does it fail? eSignal is installed and working well.

Please advise.

Wayne

Comment

Maybe this will help?

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray, that's version 8, right?

Ray,

I already found that thread, followed the link and it was the same version 10 that I have now instead of 8 as in the post you refer to. Anyway, I re-installed it using that link and it still didn't work.

Also, I found this thread that said to try re-installing eSignal and it worked for that person. Well I just re-downloaded and re-installed and Argh. It still doesn't work. This time I completely removed eSignal and then installed it. Hmmm. What else to try?

Comment

Hi Wayne,

very strange since my problem was resolved the minute I downloaded eSignal. When I posted this thread I had not yet downloaded eSignal v10. The moment I did, everything worked fine.

I hope you get it sorted. Sorry I can't be more help.

Yours

Comment

You can try uinstalling eSignal, deleting any files/folders for eSignal, clear browser cache and install again.

If that does not work, maybe Dierk will have some ideas later tonight.
                            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray, thanks for trying and update for Dierk..

Ray, I did as you asked, uninstalled, deleted the eSignal folder, and then cleared the browser cache and previous downloads. Finally I re-installed eSignal. The started NT to try connecting again. The same implode.dll and dbcapi.dll error dialogs appeared.

NOTE: I compared the eSignal downloaded file with the one I originally downloaded and installed on my PC. They appear to be the same.

The only difference it appears is that I installed 6.5.0.10 originally with eSignal and then upgraded to 6.5.1000.1.

Could it be that 6.5.1000.1 has an issue with eSignal when installed alone? Should I try using 6.5.0.10?

Or could it because this is on Windows Server? I doubt that since everything works fine except for this.

Wayne

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post spwizard  
                              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes