Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Duplicate or DEMO account causing login error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate or DEMO account causing login error?

Every time I start NT, I always get a login error recorded in my log, but then NT runs just fine. This occurs BEFORE I connect to my broker. I also have a possibly related anomaly ... in my Account Performance tab, Advanced mode, I see TWO entries for my broker (plus a few others like a DEMO thing (could also be causing login error ??), Replay & Sim entries...

So ... what's with the duplicate broker account entry? I know this was not there a couple years back...

Is there a way I can remove the obsolete DEMOxxx account that shows?

Hello tgn55,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect you have an old connection in your NinjaTrader still that is set to connect on start up.
    You can review what accounts are set up and remove under Tools> Account Connections.

The Account Performance is going to list all instruments and accounts that you have traded to. This will be unrelated to the log in error. The only way to remove this information from the Account Performance would be to rename the database file.

The following items stored in the old database will be lost if you decide to do this- ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
    You can do this by following the steps below
    Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dang - I don't really want to lose all that stuff, it took a while to set it up.

I was hoping maybe if I just deleted the relevant folders underneath the db folder, and then did a Repair Database, it might sort itself out...

Is that an option or am I asking for trouble?

Comment

Hello tgn55,

Thanks for your reply.

All this information is stored in that one file. There would not be specific items you could just go in and delete.
        One other option is you can delete all historical trades from the database but keep the rest of the items. This will not remove the accounts listed in the Account Performance.
        To do this disconnect and go to Tools> Options> Data> ResetDB
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        5 responses