Blank chart after changing session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank chart after changing session

Sometimes when i change the session, i get a blank chart and I have to restart ninja trader to get the charts to load correctly, is there some way to prevent this from happening?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Have you tried reloading historical data after you changed the session? If you haven't please right click in the chart--> Reload all historical data.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

won't that redownload all the data from the server? I don't need to redownload it, ninjatrader just gets messed up for some reason

Comment

Hello,

You would reload the data which would be needed in order to correct the incorrect/missing data.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is no missing data. Ninjatrader just fails to load the chart. I have the same instrument open in other charts and the data is fine in there. For example I was switching from Default 24/7 (which has everything in it) to a custom session, which has less data in it. Ninja came up with a blank chart, and i had to shutdown ninja, then restart and it loaded the chart correctly.

Comment

Hello,

So that I may investigate this matter further please contact me at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please provide a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the trace file in NinjaTrader's Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20140918.txt' file.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dont get me wrong

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

So that I may investigate this matter further please contact me at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please provide a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the trace file in NinjaTrader's Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20140918.txt' file.
              So many threads end here with "contact me @support with your trace file"
              But for the rest of us that may be experiencing similar or same problem there is no resolution because 99% of the time there is no conclusion posted. God I can't be the only one that sees this, or am I just unique.
              I love what you guys and gals at NT do but god have some frickin follow up posts
              e.g.remedies/solutions. Dang you in a great way with your "trace file"
              God at least come back to the thread and POST a solution
              Luv ya bye

p.s. just in case that it is out there do you realize how many posts/contacts to support can be avoided by posting such results/resolutions.. Maybe Not cause you continue to do the same. Nevertheless if you update the listings/postings some such as myself would not bother you via e-mail cause remedy would be in the post.
              RAY
              sorry but had to edit cause of brainstorm amongst friends
              Why is it you Do not just continue the thread along with what was posted instead of for the rest of us keeping it secret??

tough when it makes sense huh!
              Last edited by newbie0101; 09-18-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

k i sent the trace file, it looked like it may have zipped the entire folder for some reason. Has this issue been apparent when the "Debug Mode" is enabled on an indicator?
                Last edited by habibalex; 09-18-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

If you're having this problem, i think you should uncheck the "debug" option in ninjascript. It seemed to solve it now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin