Trading FXCM CFDs through futures feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading FXCM CFDs through futures feed

Hello, would there be a trick / setup to trade futures chart but get CFD fills from FXCM ?

Hello SARdynamite,

Thanks for your post.

Can I clarify, are you wanting to trade futures with a different broker and trade CFDs with FXCM or are you wanting to base your CFD fills or trade signals from futures instruments?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trigger CFD fills from futures instruments

Comment

Hello SARdynamite,

Thanks for your reply.

To do this you would need to connect to a data provider who supports futures also and you would need to create a multi instrument automated strategy that gets it's signals based on futures but executes to CFDs.
        You can review the SampleMultiInstrument strategy in NinjaTrader under Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Strategy
        Below I have provided a link to the Multi-Time Frame & Instruments section of our help guide.

If you wanted to manual trade you would need to open up a chart for each of the instrument and manually place the orders to the desired instrument.

Comment

Following both of your suggestions and regarding the disclaimer of the FXCM connection which states this :
          "Should you choose to trade CFDs through FXCM, you will be unable to concurrently trade futures instruments on a different provider while connected to FXCM."
          ...what kind of conflict should I expect precisely ?

Comment

Originally posted by SARdynamite View Post
            Following both of your suggestions and regarding the disclaimer of the FXCM connection which states this :
            "Should you choose to trade CFDs through FXCM, you will be unable to concurrently trade futures instruments on a different provider while connected to FXCM."
            ...what kind of conflict should I expect precisely ?
            Can i still be connected to both a futures connection and FXCM connection, and trade from a futures chart with a multi-instrument strategy triggering a CFD instrument of FXCM ? No conflict whatsoever ?

Comment

Hello SARdynamite,

Thanks for your reply.

I have verified with development this disclaimer is old and no longer valid. We will remove this message in future versions. There should not be a problem.

Comment

Getting back on the topic

What if my aim is to get FXCM fills while trading manually a futures feed ? Multi-instrument strategy option would only work for automated trading, not manual trading right ?

What about "group accounts", would that help to achieve hybrid manual trading ?

Comment

Hello SARdynamite,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not supported. Account groups would not resolve.
                  You would need to open up a chart for the futures and the cfd you want to trade. Watch the futures chart and then manually place the desired orders to the cfd chart.

Comment

Flooding the market with too many orders, that side by side solution would not be practical and precise at the same time

Could a programmer around imagine a solution internally to Ninja with both connections on, without the use of one of the FXCM API's ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post samish18