Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing

In just about everything I do with NT there is some freezing resulting in "Not-Responding". It usually goes away in a few minutes, but a few minutes is a lot when this happens 10 times in an hour. For example I can run a Strategy Analysis on hourly data and there seems to be no problem. When I try to view the results i.e. right click on Performance Viewer > Graphs or Trades, I get this freeze action. There should be a "loading data please wait" message and then a block of "click-able" actions to prevent this freeze. The programmers will no how to do this.

My system should be powerful enough

Win 7 64bit
    Intel i7-3770
    3.4GHz
    32GB RAM

I have similar freezing issues with loading live charts, changing tabs, options etc...If I try to push it too much NT crashes.

Hello retrofx,

Thank you for your post.

Some items to consider when it comes to the performance of NinjaTrader:
    • If you are compiling your strategies and running the Strategy Analyzer any previous states of the strategies are saved in memory and only restarting NinjaTrader will release them from memory.
    • You may wish to have a seperate workspace for backtesting that is the only open workspace when testing your strategies.
    • You can also improve performance during backtesting by commenting out any drawing objects, logging and printing in your code before running the test.

The Performance Tips are available at the following link for NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Comment

This is a memory leak issues. We have eliminated this in our platform. We release the memory consumption after each major event. You could at least prevent the "non responding" error which is amateurish. If your programmers don't know how to fix this we can guide them. We have programmed nothing by financial applications for ~ 17 years.

Comment

retrofx, to clarify - your system is definitely powerful enought, what you see here via the 'non responding' is the UI thread that is at work. NinjaTrader 7 is a multi-threaded application for backtesting / optimization only.

For your next major platform update we will introduce multi-thread optimization across the entire platform.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Garbage Collection blocks Ninja Trader

I had the same problem in the strategy analyser. After some tries, I found that draw objects drawn from a strategy are the cause of the problem. Exiting the strategy analyser or a 2nd run of the strategy cause the garbage collection to run for several minutes, up to 30 minutes, where ninja Trader is not responding. (1 min chart, 1 year data)

The idea was to draw the current entry levels, stop loss and targets in the charts.

Here my test "strategy":

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
          {
          DrawDot("D"+CurrentBar.ToString(), false, 0, Close[0], Color.Aqua);
          }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes