Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy + chart trader + order display

Hi,

so i'm working with the ''sampleatmstrategy' sample that comes with NT.

i also created an atm strategy on chart trader.

now its time to test to see if it works. but during my test something strange is happening (by design i think).

my orders are being clearly submitted on the order tab in NT. but my orders are not displayed on the chart.

is there a way to get a similar view that chart trader gives you when using atm strategies with your custom trading strategy?

1) First time i created a atm strategy template in chart trader.
    2) I went into the 'SampleATMStrategy' template that is provided with NT. And changed the name of the ATM template in step 1
    3) i activated my strategy on chart.. and now my orders are being submitted.

But how come my strategy's Buy/Sell/Stop/Profit targets do not display on the chart?

Also my gain/losses and position status is not being displayed in Strategy Tab. My equity is not changing either. But on the order tab i can clearly see that the orders are being submitted.

Essentially what I want to do is have a similar layout as chart trader for my strategy that i've created and incorporate custom ATM strategies with my strategy.

Thanks
    Last edited by staycool3_a; 09-21-2014, 12:57 PM.

So according to this.

"• Executions resulting from an ATM Strategy that is created from within a NinjaScript automated strategy will not plot on a chart during real-time operation
    "

NT does not allow to display current orders on chart when using custom strategies and ATM strategy together.

Is there any other way to view current orders/ P&L/ targets/ purchase price etc on chart when using ATM AND Custom strategies together?
    Last edited by staycool3_a; 09-21-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Also I take it if the strategy is using ATM function to manage position.. There is no way to get variables like MAE MFE? I'm using maket replay..

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected. However, you can view the PnL in the active position from the ATM Strategy on a chart by opening a new chart and enabling the Chart Trader > then set the ATM Strategy drop down menu to the '* Active Atm Strategy...' for your Automated Strategy. And ensure your Chart Trader is set to the same account and instrument as your Automated Strategy.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected. However, you can view the PnL in the active position from the ATM Strategy on a chart by opening a new chart and enabling the Chart Trader > then set the ATM Strategy drop down menu to the '* Active Atm Strategy...' for your Automated Strategy. And ensure your Chart Trader is set to the same account and instrument as your Automated Strategy.

ok i suppose i can get the PNL on the chart. Are these trades saved anywhere? What about statistics such as MFE and MAE etc?

Comment

Originally posted by calhawk01 View Post
            ok i suppose i can get the PNL on the chart. Are these trades saved anywhere? What about statistics such as MFE and MAE etc?

ok perfect i can see them in account performance tab.

i just wish i could see the stoploss profit targets and stoplosses on the chart.. plotted

just to be clear.. there isn't a way to see the stoploss and profit targets plotted? right?

Comment

ok perfect i can see them in account performance tab.

i just wish i could see the stoploss profit targets and stoplosses on the chart.. plotted

just to be clear.. there isn't a way to see the stoploss and profit targets plotted? right?

ok nvm. solution found

1) i used the strategy that shows the unrealized and realized pnl on the chart.
              2) open a different chart and enable chart trader and select active strategy to view the stoplosses etc
              3) run account performance to get the statistics

NT rocks!

Comment

ok nvm. solution found

1) i used the strategy that shows the unrealized and realized pnl on the chart.
                2) open a different chart and enable chart trader and select active strategy to view the stoplosses etc
                3) run account performance to get the statistics

NT rocks!

is it possible to run multiple strategies that utilize different ATM strategies and view them in multiple chart traders by selecting the ATM strategy?

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your response.

You can view the Stops and Targets on another chart that has the Chart Trade set to the same account and instrument. And you can view different ATM Strategies by selecting them from the ATM Strategy drop down menu. If you only want to view them one at a time you can right click in the Chart Trader > select Properties > set the ATM Strategy Selection Mode to DisplaySelectAtmStrategyOnly.

For information on ATM Strategy Selection Modes please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post loganjarosz123  
                  Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Belfortbucks