Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay data - No Account Selected

***NEWBIE to C# ALERT***

I am attempting to create my first strategy. Although the code is a bit sloppy given my NEWBIE status, I am getting the repetitive message as much as 10-20 times) when connected to the "Replay" and when entering the logic to enter a trade.
    Chart Trader: There is no account selected. Please select an account to avoid unexpected behavior...

(NOTE: it does not appear I can change the account when in Replay mode as the property on the chart is grayed out)

NOTE2: I added some code that I thought would prevent the attempt to stop checking for a new entry from being executed-which is where I thought the error was emanating from (despite the strategy's "Entries per direction" property being set to 1). This does not seem to work so any help on this would be appreciated.

I have also attached the control center pic and what I believe to be relevant code.
    Attached Files

I just started running to see if a "Print" statement would help me. I can see that it is not getting into the "if" statement so I obviously need more help on what those MarketPosition values are.

Comment

Hello mcatmull,

Thank you for your post.

Is this occurring when your strategy places an order or when you place an order from the Chart Trader?

In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please place this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=68959"

Comment

It is happening in the strategy (somewhere)

Comment

Hello mcatmull,

Thank you for sending in these files.

I will investigate further on my end and follow up with you tomorrow when I have more information.

Comment

Hello mcatmull,

Thank you for your patience.

When switching between the Market Replay connection and your own real-time connection you will also need to switch the accounts from Replay101 to Sim101 or your live account. It is recommended to have a workspace for Market Replay and a workspace for real-time trading.

Comment

If I understand the process of using strategies correctly, you must disable the "Chart Trader" functionality. So I am not exactly sure what the process would be relative to replaying the data.

It almost sounds like you would have to:
              1. Disable Chart Trader on the chart
              2. Select the Replay 101 Account
              3. Enable the Chart Trader on the chart

Keeping in mind that often chart strategies get removed from the chart for not clear reasons which means I have to place the strategy on the chart again and re-enter all the parameters.

Pretty convoluted.
              Last edited by mcatmull; 09-23-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hello mcatmull,

Thank you for your response.

The account should switch over to the Replay101 when in Market Replay Connection and back to the Sim101 when connecting to your real-time data feed.

When in Market Replay do you see any of your Chart Traders or Strategies set to the Sim101 account or a live account?

When connected to your real-time data feed provider do you see any Chart Traders or Strategies set to the Replay101 account?

Are any Chart Traders or Strategies set to a blank space for the account selection?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post quantismo