Lost price connection but keeps running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost price connection but keeps running

I encountered a problem with what looked like my chart set up so I reset the data base, repaired it and then also reset the instruments. As I had 7 different instruments open I closed most all of them, leaving me with just two charts for 3 instruments. I reconnected and it moved fine, but then it hung up again, meaning price movements were no longer visible but the clock in the chart ticked on. Strange. I waited a few minutes and then the clock also stopped ticking. And now nothing moves.

I checked the trace and log files and found this:

Logfile shows:

9/22/2014 4:05:55 PM|3|128|Strategy 'JARVIS53V10/d3cf4b42389344feb48b60ebb62b6d4a' lost price connection but will keep running.

Where would I need to look for the problem? Data/price feed or within the strategy? I used this strategy for weeks without ever encountering this problem before.

sandman

I just tried something else. I closed NT and reopened and reconnected without any charts. I then opened one chart, loaded no indicators and watched. Price came in and moved on the chart. Then I loaded my strategy.

Then what happened is that the bottom left "Connected-CQG" sign in the NT Control Center flickered to Orange. Then I checked the log files and there it is again: "Lost price connection but will keep running."

Help please.

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thanks for your post.

This message occurs when internet latency increases and you are disconnected from your connection.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (You can check this by clicking Help -> About)
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I just found the answer. It was the price feed. I repeated the last thing, reconnected, opened one chart, loaded my strategy and everything moves fine.

What I find very disturbing though is that the green "Connected CQG" in NTs control center flickered to orange, gave the error message in the logfile, and then returns to a (FALSE) green connected status providing no other indication that something is wrong. That's quite bad for reliability. What to do?

sandman

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_chelseab View Post
          what version of ninjatrader are you using? (you can check this by clicking help -> about)

Comment

Hi sandman,

We have received information that the CQG/Continuum demo connections are experiencing disconnections this morning.

Are you currently using a demo feed with CQG?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              We have received information that the CQG/Continuum demo connections are experiencing disconnections this morning.

Are you currently using a demo feed with CQG?
              Chelsea. That explains it though does not resolve it. Thank you in any case for having checked it out.

And yes, I was using a demo connection. Another of my computers was running with a live connection and did not show these symptoms.

sandman

Comment

Hi sandman,

Please disconnect from the CQG demo connection and reconnect. This should get the charts back up and running.

Comment

Can't login with CQG

Hi,

I can't login with CQG.Receive message "Login failed.Failed to receive login message from SecBuf."
                  Never had this problem before.I run NT 1000.22 (Live). Thank you.

Comment

Hello Jurase,

CQG is having some issues today and I can confirm this behavior on my end as well.

Once this has been resolved on their end, I will update this thread and you should be able to log in.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Jurase,

We are finding that clients are able to get connected at this time.

Please restart NinjaTrader and try connecting to your account.

Comment

Yes It's ok now.Thank you.

Comment

Hello Chelsea and NT-Support,

its now 14:05 PM EST and my computer with continuum is showing red "connection lost - continuum" while my other computer with fxcm is nicely green all day long. So its not my internet connection.

For your information: I had this issue with CQG every day. With Rithmic this problem never occured during the demo.

So, do they have issues today Sep. 23th 14:05 EST again?

If this happens with my live-account, can I switch then from continuum to rithmic without problems or costs or what do I have to do then?

(these problems are the reason why I´m still struggling if live-account and which datafeed to open)

While typing these post it was reconnected and after 1 min again connection los.

Best
                            Tony
                            Last edited by tonynt; 09-23-2014, 12:14 PM. Reason: lost - connected - lost

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

There are no connection issues today and definitely not connection issues that happen every day.
                              This indicates that there is a poor connection between your system and the CQG server.
                              Please clarify, is this a NinjaTrader Continuum demo you are connecting to with NinjaTrader Brokerage?
                              For information about charges for CQG vs Rithimic you would need to contact your broker. If you are with NinjaTrader Brokerage I have provided their contact information below.
                              NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mattbsea  
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes