Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Problem?

Hi-

I am not sure if this is a problem, but I would think that it is. I have 3 monitors and I have 8 windows open, and a DOM. When I begin to draw with a rectangle on a chart, updating of all of the windows ceases while I am moving the mouse, and the movement occurs in spurts.

Apart from this being a clunky experience when annotating my charts, my larger concern is that as this is clearly locking up the execution of the other windows, are there any latency issues or performance issues I should be aware of if I had orders live in the market, using the DOM with an ATM for example?

I dont know if there is or not, and I am not complaining, I am just trying to understand the boundaries of where the application might struggle at times under load - all applications have some area like this.

I dont know if the developers are reading this, but I think theres two things I could respectfully advise - first, you can run the chart windows on separate threads very easily in .NET, and secondly you can do all of the painting off the UI thread too. That would allow for a smoother interaction/experience from my own experience building these types of applications...

Nick.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate this matter further please contact me by email at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread anda copy of today's trace file. The trace file is found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20140922.txt' file.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes