Add Execution menu missing from right-click dropdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Execution menu missing from right-click dropdown

Hi. My system has some data issues I've been trying to resolve, I need to add a missing execution. I did this yesterday ... I know how to. However, today, the right-click menu in the Execution tab is MISSING all but the Chart and Grid -> entries - NOTHING else... ie the Filter, Add, Remove lines have ... simply gone!!

Do I need to reinstall?

running latest release Win7/64

Thanks,

PS yes I know I need to be connected to my feed... makes no difference
    Last edited by tgn55; 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: Added info

Hello tgn55,

Thank you for your post.

Are the options grayed out or missing from the menu?

If they are missing, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please place this thread in your subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=69076"

Comment

Hey Patrick - I did that stuff ... but I see Outlook threw an error, so I am not sure if you got my trace data or not...

To recap ... the menu items are totally missing, like I said - not just greyed out.
      I have already reset instruments, repaired database and restarted, to no avail.
      I am inclined to reinstall...

Comment

Hello tgn55,

Can you please try an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader as per the instructions below.

You will save all settings and data. All settings and data are located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is unaffected when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel.

Make sure that NinjaTrader is shut down first.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features

Subsequently, clear your browser cache and download and install version 7.0.1000.25 from the link below.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace file for today manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Add Execution menu missing from right-click dropdown' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140926 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140926 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This thread can be closed - I figured out what was wrong... after doing a fresh install of NT on a newly built laptop - so I knew all code was fine... and created a new profile, so I had no prior data.

Thing is, the Add/Remove execution stuff evidently ONLY works on the main Executions tab in Control Center - it does NOT work from within the Account Performance system, which is what I was attempting to do, ie zero in on the trades over a couple days - then try to reconcile executions with what I knew to be correct. You can really only do that using the filters under Account Performance - but you CAN'T FIX things from there, it seems...

This is not abundantly clear from the User Guide... maybe a note could be added?

Hope this note helps someone else ;-)

Comment

Good to hear you found the cause.

Yes, unfortunately it only applies to the Control Center-->Executions-tab.

Comment

Just when I thought I was done with this topic ...

I've found a bogus execution in my data - well, the execution happened - but it has the wrong timestamp! I can only presume somehow it got messed with when I did some removes/adds recently.

The impact of the bad date/time is that my reports are out of whack - entry is reported as an exit and vice versa - position is not marked as flat when it was etc.

So.. the question now is - can I resolve this? Seems not - since I can see the offending execution when I look via Account Performance - but the main Control Center-> Executions window will not show executions from previous days (or sessions - whatever)... I therefor cannot select it to remove and re-enter with the correct date/time.

Have I hit a brick wall?

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to the date of the incorrect execution.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed. You should now see the execution in the Control Center-->Executions-tab.

Delete the execution. Shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to the current date again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aa731
                by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                3 responses