Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account Performance Compare - timezone bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance Compare - timezone bug?

Been using the cool shadow ATM strategy - ran the Compare thing under Advanced Account performance. When I filter by date, I notice that in my main Control Centre window, I get exactly trades for the dates I specify... but, in the secondary Performance Viewer window, I see some trades for the previous day....

Just wondering if the Performance Viewer window is maybe NOT using my Timezone info when it does its trade/execution filtering? Seems a bug to me...

Hello and thanks for your post,

It’s possible that trades prior to “From” date being listed in your report due to how NinjaTrader views your position; it’s based off of the last time you were flat, giving you a full picture of your performance.

Try unchecking and checking the “Group Trades by ATM strategy” box and re-Generating the report results.

Below I’ve included a link to our Help Guide on the Account Preformace Tab. Go to Understanding the performance report > Group Trades by ATM strategy for full details:

Let me know If I can help further
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,
      Well Come to NinjaTrader.........this is the first thanks to you....

Sameer.

Comment

I think you missed the point... identical settings in both windows produces different results. (I am only filtering on a range of 2 days)

In my timezone, I often have trades before and some more after midnight LOCAL TIME. Main Control panel window shows trades after midnight on the "From" date selected. Performance Viewer includes trades before midnight... but in EST, they would be the same day.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Can you send an email to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, and send us a screen shot of both windows with the "Advanced >>" section expanded? Please also include a link to this forum post.

I look forward to hearing from you.
          Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zach - figured it out. Nothing to do with timezone...

Since I am trying to compare live vs Sim trades that arise from a shadow ATM, I had one window with my live account selected, the other with Sim101... and there was one trade on the previous day in the Sim a/c that was not in my live a/c ... so at least that puzzle is sorted - thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by The_Sec, 04-16-2024, 02:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS