Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to Ninja Trader historical market data server lost

Dear NT support,
    I already searched for this error in this forums, but none of those answers were satisfactory for me, so I'd like to add my screenshots for this case:

Problem:
    - time to time NT is unable to load data for charts (happens almost every day once)
    - Several popups show up saying "Error on loading chart data for .... Unable to retrieve data."
    - Log is full of messages like:

Process can't access file C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\tick\YM 12-14\201409261200.Last.ntd, because it is used by another process.
    (Don't know the exact translation, my NT error messages are in czech language)

See attachment log.png

Your recommendation in other threads:
    - Turn off antivirus, firewalls and other programs that might interfere with NT

I'm almost absolutely sure, that this is not my case, as I tried to turn off all software that could cause trouble and nothing helped.

My research:

When you look at attachment process_explorer.png you will see that even when NT is disconnected, it keeps file reported in the errors open.

So my conclusion on this is ... it's definitely a NinjaTrader issue.

My connection: Continuum (CQG) / NinjaTrader Brokerage

Thank you in advance,

Lukas
    Attached Files

Hello Lukas,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Connection to Ninja Trader historical market data server lost' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did as you asked.
      Lukas

Comment

To Jason: We already communicated in email, I'll just put my thought here, so that anyone could read it.

This issue might have something to do with me running NinjaTrader on two user accounts on the same computer. I'm doing it, because sometimes I'm testing some stuff, that I can't do on single NinjaTrader instance. Although I understand that both user accounts have their own NT folder under Documents, I think this could be the cause of several of my problems. I'll try to avoid it and see if the amount of trouble decreases.

Comment

Yes, please check if this will avoid the issues. As mentioned in the email, officially we do not support running two NinjaTrader instances on one machine.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post aussugardefender  
          Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
          14 responses