X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

I would like to first ask is this related to the market analyzer or is this a chart related question?

If this Is a chart related question I will continue answering you in this post but in the future please choose the correct forum as this helps other users when they looking for the same information.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• dline
    replied
    PRICE only moving through selected moving average

Hello,

How can I create an alert that will pop up on chart when price action moves through my moving average.
    I want to point out this is not a moving average cross over question

I'm assuming I have to modify or write a script for an indicator, if it is to write a new script can you post me some pointers please, I prefer if I can modify an already existing indicator.

Thank you guys

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello PEPBOSCH,

Thank you for the question.

To answer your question NinjaTrader does have the capability to add many instruments at once to the Market Analyzer.

With this being said you also have the control on what session hours you display in NinjaTrader for the instruments you select. If your broker / exchange allows for after hours trading or data as long as you configure the session template correctly you should see the values.

I would recommend watching the Market Analyzer webinar we have if you have not already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSp...56536A44DD7105

For the conditions you are seeking, this would certainly be possible by creating a custom indicator for use with the Market Analyzer, this I don't think would be as simple as the modifications that originally started this thread.

If you would like to email us at platformsupport @ ninjatrader.com we could give you some information regarding what would be needed to accomplish this and where you can find the resources to code this.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Leave a comment:

• PEPBOSCH
    replied
    Market analyzer

Hello,
    Could yo tell me if it is possible to use market analyzer to scan more than 500 products (stocts , futures , index, etc) whit the market closed?
    and who could help me to set the conditions I want to get?

for example condidtions like: I want to Know, on a dayly at close, which product price crossed (above or below )an SMA 200 periods during that day.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

This seems to be another easy fix so I will post the result.

So you know this is what I had changed to accomplish "Sticking" with the prior result.

I changed the line:

Code:
    OnlyCrossovers.Set(0);
    to

Code:
    if(OnlyCrossovers.Count > 0)
    {
         OnlyCrossovers.Set(OnlyCrossovers[1]);
    }
    After the first crossover has been detected it will continue to set the prior result as the current unless there is a change. The change will update the data series so that the next check that happens the change would be reflected or "Sticky".

Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 09-29-2014, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    It worked as expected. How can i make it stick so once crossover happens it should stay until opposite crossover happens. Right now alert dissappears once the candle closes.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for letting me know.

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    I followed your advice and got it fixed.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

This is the same as the file you originally uploaded with opening this thread.

This may be easier if we try to correct the error in the file that is listed in the image you sent.

Please try the following and send me a screenshot of the window after doing the following:

From where you are in the image you provided, double click any of the errors listed. This should open a new NinjaScript window and place the cursor at the position of the error.

Please take a screenshot of the code that it brings you to. The error that it is lists is stating that the ChannelThis indicator is calling the DoubleMA and it is not calling it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    is this what you looking for?. This is the original file with all dependent files in it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

The file I used was the first you had uploaded because it worked. The second you had uploaded was different than the first file and was missing a reference so this may be why you are getting errors.

It seems from that error that you have is ChannelThis indicator is referencing the DoubleMA indicator but the overloads of the DoubleMA indicator does not match what the ChannelThis is asking.

If you provide the full DoubleMA file along with the files that go with so I can compile it on my end I could change the correct one otherwise you would need to either remove the ChannelThis or modify it to correctly call DoubleMA.

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    Thanks again Jesse. This is what I wanted but see error message when I compile this file.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

The second file I can not get to work but I was able to get the first zip file that you had posted to work.

After looking at the script it seems that this could be easy to implement.

I have uploaded the revised script, please try this and see if you get the desired result.

All I have added was an additional data series named crossovers that is set at the same time as the arrows so the trigger would be the arrows.

Depending if it is a cross above or cross below the data series is set to -1 or 1 and 0 when neutral.

In the Market Analyzer you will need to select the CrossOver plot and make sure that show arrows is set to true. when you create an alert condition choose if the value equals -1 or 1 to trigger the alert.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    Thanks Jesse. All I want is to use moving average cross in market analyzer. Indicator posted in the first post does that on the charts so I thought I might use it on market analyzer so I searched a bit and found that thread in the first post and tried that solution which did not work as my programming skills are at first grade level. you asked me to post.cs file which I did. Now you have both files. I was just trying to use moving average crossover in analyzer.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for including this file.

Unfortunately this is not the entire indicator, it seems you have referenced a MAV indicator that would also need to be included for this to be checked.

Also I just wanted to check with you on your question, are you simply asking if this can be used in the Market Analyzer?

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DynamicTest  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post ScottWalsh