Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error loading tick chart

Hi,

I am trying to pull up a chart of FGBL 03-13, 144 Tick and am getting the error
    "Error on loading chart data for 'FGBL 03-13': E.Invalid symbol.,"

I have check data manager and tick data is there so not sure what this error is about?

Hello GKonheiser,

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Try the following. Please disconnect any data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the error persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I connect to IQ Feed, but the data is historical anyway so should be requesting from them. I will give the restart/reset a go when im done trading and get back to you. Thanks

Comment

Hi Jason,

Did the reset and restart and still getting the same message. No Idea what its talking about with E Invalid symbol when the symbol is FGBL??

Comment

This error is normally reported when no intraday data is available. However you mention the requested data is loaded. Could it be not all requested data is loaded?

Do you experience the same error for other Eurex futures?

Comment

I have checked the Data Manager and the tick Data is there, I have tried to pull up 2 bund contracts and the error happened on both. However when I take the data over to an other instance of NT, the chart loads no problem.

Comment

Could it be you have a different NinjaTrader version or IQFeed client version installed on the other machine? You can find both version numbers at Windows Control Panel-->Program and Features.

I suggest to replicate the setup that does not experience the error and check if the error persists.

Comment

OK, I just tried something, when Im disconnected from my data feed the historical data loads fine. S0 I went into Options>Data and unchecked "Get data from server (if available)" and now it works fine. I would have thought thou that it would be ok to have that checked as its always good to have historical data reloaded incase of bad ticks?

Comment

If disabled, it will not load historical data anymore from IQFeed. I suggest to enable it again if you need to load data that is not present in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Why is it giving me an error when I have it enabled thou. I need to be able to use my saved historical data and have recent historical data pulled from IQ feed?

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why this error is generated on one of your machines. It should not load data again if the data is already present in NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader loads historical data from the connected data feed as per the instructions below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?'.

Do you have the same versions installed on both machines?

Comment

The other machine doesn't have an active data feed, I use it for programming and testing

Comment

I see, so the other machine is not using IQFeed as a data feed.

Can you please send me the log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Error loading tick chart' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140929 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140929 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Just sent to you now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM