Intraday indicator not showing in MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intraday indicator not showing in MA

Hi. I have built an indicator that generates several plots. All DataSeries are exposed in Properties, the plots are fine on my charts, I see the values in my DataBox.. however, in MA, I get nothing. Zero - literally - just shows 0.0.

My code includes this:
    Code:
    if (!Bars.BarsType.IsIntraday)
                {
                    DrawTextFixed("error msg", "TGNPrevHiLo only works on intraday intervals", TextPosition.BottomRight);
                    return;
                }
    Could this be why I see zero for my indicator in MA? If not - what else might be up?

PS - Might be useful to include an example of my Properties declaration:
    Code:
            [Browsable(false)]    // this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
            [XmlIgnore()]        // this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
            public DataSeries PrevHi
            {
                get { return Values[0]; }
            }
    Last edited by tgn55; 09-29-2014, 05:14 AM. Reason: More info provided

tgn55, I would check the # of bars you are loading in your MA and the used session templates, make sure those fit compared to the chart series you run the study for comparison on. Usually too less historical data is loaded into MA in those cases.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do use a custom session template - my indicator values depend on that. However, my plots are mostly horizontal lines, eg previous session and overnight hi/lo etc. I tried increasing #bars to look back in MA, but it seems a bit odd given my plot is essentially a constant. I still have zeros with 256 bars back set in MA...

In my indicator, I track things internally, ie I don't depend on any under the covers calculations... so after the initial session shown on a chart, I expect the setting makes no difference.

I also have my instruments set to use my custom session template - which I think MA should also pick up, right??

So I'm still puzzled what it might be...

Comment

Correct tgn55, the default would be to use the instrument default session, so if have that set as needed via the Instrument Manager it should be picked up.

Would you mind if we gave that study a test on our end here with your exact settings?

Comment

No problem...how do I send it? (I'll also include my session template stuff and MA screenshot...)

Comment

Would be easiest over the Help > Mail to Support feature directly in the platform, you can custom attach items then via this command to be sent to us.

Alternatively please email me at platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com with your items attached needed for testing this out.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM