Last candle is not displayed properly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last candle is not displayed properly!

Hello! I have a problem displaying my chart in real time! When I connect the broker (Clear), where ends the trading day (for 18:00), the last candle is not displayed properly! The chart I'm showing is the WIN (BMFBOVESPA), the duration of the trading day goes from 9:00 until 18:00 and configured correctly in the "Session Manager". So to make it easier to understand the problem divided into 3 parts:
    1) The correct chart is only displayed if I import the historical values ​​and configure the session from 9:00 to 18:00, getting in this way:

2) If I put my configuration "Session Manager" to finish in 18:00, there is an ultimate value of trading that is not shown in the chart (usually 18:02), this happens only when I load the graph in real time broker:

3) I also tried to put the time to finish a little later and see if these values ​​were grouped after 18 o'clock last candle, but it does not! And is this way:

So! What I want to know is how to group the last ticks after 18:00 (until 18:02 or so) the last candle of the day and display it correctly in the chart? To equal the first image (which is only displayed correctly with the import of historical data and not loading in real time).

Thank you in advance for your help !

Hi marksrjp,

The session template causes the chart to stop receiving data at the time specified in the session template.

If the session template end time is set to 18:00 then data will stop receiving on your chart at that time.

If you want the session template to continue until 18:02, then set 18:03 as the end of the session.

Your chart is not going to keep collecting data past the end time of the session template.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ChelseaB!

Thanks ChelseaB! But the main problem is that NinjaTrader should group the last minute after 18:00 in the last candle! The data is coming properly, but when I put some indicators using periods the result ends going wrong as it has a candle to the more calculating ... What I find strange is that when caught the values ​​of a historical basis, with the same data the last values ​​are correctly grouped in the last candle. Here are some images of historical data captured in real-time:

When I compare with my historical base is no different! But, in real-time chart the last minute are not grouped in the last candle of 18:00. Has some configuration in Ninjatrader to fix this?

Comment

Hello marksrjp,

It may be that your PC clock is 2 minutes off.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

Shutdown NinjaTrader

Sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. The message displayed after syncing the clock should say its successful. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Restart NinjaTrader -> right-click your chart -> select Reload All Historical Data

Comment

Thanks again for the quick feedback, ChelseaB!

Well, I checked the question of time, but my pc is already updating automatically by "time.nist.gov". This problem is affecting all who are using NinjaTrader with Clear brokerage therefore should not be directly linked to specific settings from my pc. I thought there was any way to put those last ticks on the last candle! This will change the outcome of my strategy since all my historical base is grouped with these ticks (as it should be ...) and in real time it does not. Unfortunately I think it will not have a solution. But I appreciate your efforts to help me and, in most, if you still have any idea what may be happening I will look for new posts.

Comment

Hello marksrjp,

The data on your chart is time stamped with your local PC time as it is received and stored as historical. (I would not suggest this, but if you did change your clock by 5 minutes you'll see some real big differences on how the chart looks with your data).

The data is naively stamped on the server, but once it is downloaded it is converted to your local time zone and local time.

While the automatically updating may be set, if re-syncing and re-downloading changes the chart, then the time of the PC was not able to auto-sync. This does occur often.

If the ticks are being sent out after the close of the session and are time stamped out of the session, it will not be possible to include these with the last bar if this last bars time stamp is before those received ticks.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes