Simulated price curves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated price curves

Is it possible to generate simulated price curves in order check the appearance of technical indicators ? I would find it extremely useful to be able to generate say a simple sine curve simulating an actual price curve, over which I could then lay different indicators, e.g. SMA, Stochastics, RSI etc. in order to see the results. In addition to a sine curve, it would be useful to be able to generate a square wave, sawtooth wave and other wave forms.

Hi whitegate, welcome to our forums. You could look into creating that as an indicator series for example and then be able to drive that as input series to other indicators, for example Stochastics.

One idea for a sample calculation would be -

double value = (0.25 * Math.Sin((2 * Math.PI * CurrentBar * 20) / 1000));
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply Bertrand - greatly appreciated. I guess I will first of all need to study and learn NinjaScript in order to carry out your suggestion. Coming from a strictly 'non-computing' background, this may present some difficulties. At the moment, I am developing my required simulation in MS Excel, which is giving me more or less the results I need. However, thanks again for your suggestion.
      Whitegate

Comment

Originally posted by whitegate View Post
        Is it possible to generate simulated price curves in order check the appearance of technical indicators ? I would find it extremely useful to be able to generate say a simple sine curve simulating an actual price curve, over which I could then lay different indicators, e.g. SMA, Stochastics, RSI etc. in order to see the results. In addition to a sine curve, it would be useful to be able to generate a square wave, sawtooth wave and other wave forms.
        Program them as indicators or an indicator with options for the waveform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader