Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to get price scale min and max values at any time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get price scale min and max values at any time?

The Plot method exposes the min and max values corresponding to the displayed price scale and that is great, but I want to retrieve the min and max values when a bar closes, or triggered by some arbitrary event. Can this be done?

Thanks for helping,
    Steve

Hi Steve, there's unfortunately limited support we could offer in that area. I don't think though I'm following your question here - why would the panel scale boundaries change when a bar closes? You would have that either on Fixed scale or AutoScale.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I should explain what exactly I want to achieve. I want to place a string at a fixed X location but have the string hug the bottom of the price panel while the panel is being scrolled. For example print the Day of Week at the first bar of the day, and have it hug the bottom of the price panel while the chart is manually scrolled horizontally. I was exploring the possibility of using the Plot method min value for this because it represents the lower price scale value displayed on the screen at any point in time.

Comment

Thanks Steve for the clarification - that should be possible within the plot method yes, I would suggest to check into the Pivots indicator Misc section a potential approach.

Easier would be of course using DrawTextFixed, but this would mean you draw one of five predefined fixed locations on the panel.

Comment

Can you please provide a link to the Pivots indi Misc section? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

That would be preinstalled on your Ninjatrader platform via the Pivots.cs file. Just expand the misc section in your NinjaScript editor, this will cover the Plot method parts.

Comment

got it. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stevew View Post
                I should explain what exactly I want to achieve. I want to place a string at a fixed X location but have the string hug the bottom of the price panel while the panel is being scrolled. For example print the Day of Week at the first bar of the day, and have it hug the bottom of the price panel while the chart is manually scrolled horizontally. I was exploring the possibility of using the Plot method min value for this because it represents the lower price scale value displayed on the screen at any point in time.
                If that is your purpose, you might be better off using the bounds of the ClientArea Rectangle. That is the Rectangle that you pass to the custom Plot().

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023