Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable checkbox in Control Center immediately disables

Hi guys,
    in a VPS installation with a Control Centre having 64 strategies added to it, I am having a problem when sometimes clicking the Enabled button that the button immediately goes off again, and the strategy is not running.
    In the Output Window it shows just the **NT ** Enabling NinjaScript .... text but not the ** NT ** Disabling NinjaScript ...text.
    I have put print statements in the Initialize, OnStartUp and OnBarsUpdate and only the Initialize is being executed. The Initialise() completes ok.
    Meanwhile, a virtually identical strategy on the same instrument WILL run just fine. It would seem not to be a problem with the instrument's data. It isn't a problem with the stratgey code, as the strategy will run fine at other times, or right now on a different instrument.
    The problem is random.
    There are no messages in the Log tab.

Please advise.
    Cheers,
    saltminer

Hi saltminer, we have been chasing a reproducible scenario for this case. Is there anything listed in the traces perhaps when this occurs? Would the issue exsist only on a certain instrument or bars period / charttype? What logic is contained in the OnStartUp()? Could it be hitting an exception at this point?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've updated this customer's NInja from v 008 to 025. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

saltminer

Comment

Ok, sounds good please keep us posted.

Comment

Hi guys,
          alas, the behaviour still exists even with the latest Ninja version. In fact, today was the worst I've seen it. I could enable fewer than half of the strategies in the Control Centre.

There doesn't appear to be anything useful in the trace file, but I've attached it for your perusal. Usually this Ninja connects to Yahoo for daily data. I tried Kinetick too but no difference.
          Nothing in the log tab. Just silent death for the strategies.

There is nothing in the OnStartUp() except a plain print statement. Before I added that there wasn't an OnStartUp() method implemented. The strategy does not execute that Print statement.

The only possibly unusual thing about this strategyg is that it connects to a mySQL database, however it just creates a null instance of a mySQLConnection in the Variables section, and then does nothing else until a trade comes along. We never get to that point.

Ninja is running on a Windows Server 2003 VPS.
          You would be welcome to log in if that will help. I have no way forward.

Cheers,
          saltminer
          Attached Files

Comment

saltminer, sorry to hear that. The only thing I notice from the trace is the issue to get market data for a couple of instruments, on which instrument(s) did you the see the errors starting up, would there be a correlation?

How would the script fare in this setup if you completely removed the SQL part - so we can make sure you're not running in any uncaught exceptions trying to set that up.

Comment

Hi guys,

I've found that increasing BarsToLoad above 30 has made the difference.

Cheers,
              saltminer

Comment

Thanks for letting us know saltminer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                1 response
                0 likes