All charts are blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All charts are blank

NT 7 latest version update, windows 8.1, 32 Gb RAM, SSD drive.

NT7 has adopted a new attitude. Charts inside my workspaces come out blank. NT suffers amnesia, suddenly. Those charts do not show any data upon opening a workspace. For 2 days now.
    Cleaned up/ reset DB,- erased day, minutes, ticks files from /documents/DB folder, - reinstalled NT
    still no go!
    Last edited by alucko33; 09-30-2014, 09:09 PM.

Hello alucko33,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

I would like you to try and reproduce the issue without your saved workspace on a chart that has no indicators applied.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    * Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a few new chart and test for the issue.
    *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
    If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue without your saved workspace.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Erasing the workspace file gave me a temporary fix only. When I changed the timeframe on a chart again, I went back to the same problem.

Comment

Hello alucko33,

Thank you for the follow up.

So that I may investigate this situation further, please send a note to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your latest log and trace file:

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20141001.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20141001.txt"
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello alucko33,

Thank you for submitting your trace file.

I can see a few errors occurring when your workspaces are restored:

"2014-10-01 16:11:37:317 Restoring workspace 'NOFT ES'...
            2014-10-01 16:11:42:398 Restoring workspace 'Untitled1'..."

"2014-10-01 16:11:49:462 ERROR: CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: The metadata for F.US.JY6.U14 has an invalid ContractNumber. Please contact Customer Service."

"2014-10-01 16:13:56:665 ERROR: Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.noftSupplyAndDemand'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there."

"2014-10-01 16:13:57:931 ERROR: Error on plotting indicator 'ncatRSD'. Please check the 'OnBarUpdate' or the 'Plot' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

"2014-10-01 16:41:37:515 ERROR: Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'ECIDiv_V7' on bar 50: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Regarding 6J and the invalid contract number, it looks like 6J 09-14 was loading, the current front month is 12-14.
            With these indicators that are generating errors, I would suggest to uninstall any indicators you do not use from Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > Select the indicator > Click Delete

If you have any assemblies installed that you no longer use you can uninstall from Control Center > File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly.

If you are currently using these indicators, I suggest to check with the vendors to see if new versions are available and update then re-test the workspace with the updated indicators.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes