• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Log On

I use SIM NT.
    Able to connect manually to IB.

Would like Auto log on.
    On Account Connections, Backup data feed(none).
    Connect on startup-Tried both Check & Uncheck (Wasn't sure if this connect is related to only back up data.

Next, I go to next tab, enter username, password and Side Auto Log On -Checked.
    I save all.

Then I open IB Icon and Open NT, but I don't see username and password automatically entered in IB log in.

Not sure why not, Is this only for NT Lease/purchase?

Hello santafe,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.25)

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

Have you entered the Username and Password in the respective fields under Tools > Account Connections > your Interactive Brokers connection > Change > Next > Next?

Comment

Yes I entered Username & Password on NT Account Connections.
      NT Version 2.0.50727.5486
      IB version 945.2

Comment

Hello santefe,

Thank you for your response.

Please make sure you are running NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.25 under Help > About. With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 944.3. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 944.3 via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_944_3.exe

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the same issue happened with version 944.3. That is why I upgraded to 945.2.

Comment

Hello santefe,

Please confirm you are running NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.25 and TWS 944.3.

In addition, when you start NinjaTrader and go to File > Connect > Interactive Brokers and then fill in your Username and Password does it connect properly at that point?

Comment

It appears to work .
              What I did was Log into IB Account from IB Icon. (I entered user/password)
              Then when I open NT, it automatically connects to IB.

I guess my question was, By opening first NT (with all setting in place),could I see My IB Username /Password being entered into the IB Log in automatically.

This is how it is done with Sierra Chart .Click IB Icon, then Click Sierra Chart Icon (you can visually see Sierra Chart entering Username and Password into required IB fields automatically.

Also. because I use Kinetick (Free EOD), is there anyway to have both connect automatically.
              I find Kinetick has to be done prior to IB. So I'm still having to connect, disconnect, & reconnect.

Comment

Hello santafe,

The initial connection will require manually starting up TWS first and then starting up NinjaTrader and connecting. You should then be able to connect automatically going forward.

There is no direct option to enable Kinetick EOD to connect on start up. This can be changed in the Configuration file though. If you would like to see this change please send me a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread in the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=69216

You will find your configuration file in the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post r68cervera  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin