NT blocking new CQG data connections with Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT blocking new CQG data connections with Brokers

Can Ninjatrader management please explain why they are now blocking brokers from using Ninjatrader with CQG data.

I have been told from multiple brokers who have been denied by Ninjatrader to allow for setting up a new connection with their brokerage firm using CQG data feed and in my case for HSI data feed.

All brokers have stated that due to a recent change by Ninjatrader after they have bought their own brokerage firm, that it is no longer allowed.

One of the main reasons for using NT in the first place ( I own a lifetime Multi Broker Licence) was the option to connect with different data feeds and brokers and I am very angry that NT have now chosen to do this. I am being denied a data feed for an instrument, which even their own brokerage can’t supply. How is this fair? and goes against my right to choose how to connect to NT, which when I purchased NT was just a charting platform and allowed connections with CQG.

If NT have now changed their policy and now in essence from my point of view, deem this is as the start of going to a closed system ie like Ameritrade, Infinity futures, etc and forcing people to use their brokerage and data feed with their charting platform, we as existing customers have the right to know of this policy change.

If this is the new direction of Ninjatrader, I will no longer recommend the Ninjatrader platform to any trader and will seek another platform to use for my future trading needs.

Hello chris_hkg,

Thanks for your post.

For any user that has an active license from before July 15th they are grandfathered in and will be able to connect to previously available brokerage technologies. *EDIT* Licenses before March 11th, 2015 are grandfathered to use CQG *EDIT*
    Please write into sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with you license key and a link to this forum topic. We will look into options for you. You can locate your license key under Help> License Key

CQG is only available for brokers who clear through AMP. Other brokerages would need to use the Continuum connection (not NinjaTrader Continuum - this is only for NinjaTrader Brokerage)

New license key purchases for NinjaTrader are only available the following brokerage technologies.
    NinjaTrader Continuum with NinjaTrader Brokerage
    NinjaTrader Rithmic with NinjaTrader Brokerage
    Clear Corretora
    CQG with AMP Futures
    FXCM
    Gain/Forex.com
    Interactive Brokers
    MBTrading
    TD Ameritrade

With NinjaTrader Brokerage now being a solution for futures to the NinjaTrader platform it has been decided to only offer connections for complimentary brokers to NinjaTrader Brokerage going forward.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 03-18-2016, 01:28 PM.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

connected

Brandon, thanks for your reply, I have contacted sales and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

I am still disappointed that NT has taken this step to limit connections as I feel this is a step backwards when no other connection options are available.

Comment

You 'invited' me (Hahaha) to reinstall Ninjatrader. I did so - now I can not find a connection for CQG Continuum. Are you people pulling a fast one? Again.

Comment

Hello itshamish,

Users on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that upgrade to 7.0.1000.31 will be unable to verify the license until the file at the following link is downloaded and installed.

Save the file to your Desktop, right click on the file, and select Install CRL.

Once complete you can start NinjaTrader.

Because the license key cannot be verified, existing connections will disappear. When the license key is verified, it loads the authorized provider (CQG) in NinjaTrader. If the license cannot be verified, it cannot load CQG and your connection disappears.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by egordleo, Today, 05:50 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post egordleo  
          Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          118 responses
          1 like