Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader locking up a news events like NFP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader locking up a news events like NFP?

Hi folks:

I experience a issue today with NFP. It was a little frustrating (I had to restart). NFP was at 8:30 am est.

I went to change a time frame from 240 min to 5 min on the usd/jpy at 8:29 am est. When I did this the chart went blank and the dreaded "Not Responding" message happened. Ninjatrader never did recover (even after waiting over 5 min +). I had to resort to restart the entire platform.

This concerns me and HAS actually happened to me in the past as well during fast moving markets.

Have you seen others having similar issues? Is best practices simply not to change chart close to fast moving events or not to do anything to put a load on the platform close to events?

Does this happen if loads are not placed on the platform during big news events?

Will NT8's performance substantially increase in regards to this?

My confidence in the platform during big events has been shaken a bit...of course, there is still not better platform than NT overall...smile.

Hello birdog,

Thank you for your post.

In times of increased volatility the overall strain on NinjaTrader is increased as the software calculates more values when price is rapidly changing. As NinjaTrader becomes busy with these calculations the software can stop responding to subsequent commands as you've seen here. Reducing the load on NinjaTrader 7 prior to such events would be a wise choice to avoid this type of behavior moving forward. A number of performance tips are outlined at this link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

NinjaTrader 8 is set to be a major step forward in nearly every way, software performance included.

If I may be of further assistance please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes