removing indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing indicators

I have a few indicators that were from trials that have long since been over. I tried to find them in documents and script assembly but they are not there. I want to remove the titles which are in the indicator list but cant since I cannot find them anywhere, any ideas on where to look or how to remove titles?

Open source indicators: Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator, select indicator that you wish to remove -> Delete

Assemblies: File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly -> select assembly that you wish to remove -> Remove

Special cases: If your NinjaTrader installation is corrupt you can remove assemblies manually by removing the different files belonging to the assembly. In that case you also need to remove the references.

Some indicators appear under a different name, if you add them to an open chart. In that case you need to guess the name of the indicator file or the assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      Open source indicators: Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator, select indicator that you wish to remove -> Delete

I don't have this feature

Assemblies: File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly -> select assembly that you wish to remove -> Remove

It's not in there

Special cases: If your NinjaTrader installation is corrupt you can remove assemblies manually by removing the different files belonging to the assembly. In that case you also need to remove the references.

Some indicators appear under a different name, if you add them to an open chart. In that case you need to guess the name of the indicator file or the assembly.
      Would the fact that they were on a trial and are no longer there mean anything? Could it be the name is till comes up on indicator list but the script itself is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post
        Would the fact that they were on a trial and are no longer there mean anything? Could it be the name is till comes up on indicator list but the script itself is gone?
        That means that your license does not enable those features. Contact NT for the licence for the free Developer Version, and install that license temporarily. You will have to restore your real license after you are done, because you cannot trade with the free version: it is for development and testing only.

Alternatively, you can purchase or lease a license which does allow both trade and development. That is usually the best and most convenient option.

Comment

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

Thank you for your post.

Koganam is correct, you will need to use another License Key to access the Edit NinjaScript option. You can contact us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for the Free Edition License Key.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn