Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rithmic has ZenFire 30 minute connection bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic has ZenFire 30 minute connection bug?

When losing Internet connection?
    I'm checking back at 8:52.

I thought that was only ZenFire.
    Attached Files

Hello sledge,

Thanks for writing in.

Sometimes in order to reconnect the API will need to be restarted and the only way to do that is to restart NinjaTrader. Please try restarting NinjaTrader to resolve the connection.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello sledge,

Thanks for writing in.

Sometimes in order to reconnect the API will need to be restarted and the only way to do that is to restart NinjaTrader. Please try restarting NinjaTrader to resolve the connection.
      Not connecting
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thanks for writing in.

Still stuck in limbo.

Can't disconnect or connect to Rithmic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thanks for writing in.

Restarted.
          Permission error #13 after 2 minutes waiting for connection.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you were able to previously connect this indicates a poor connection between your system and the Rithmic servers. Please exit NinjaTrader once again and try restarting your modem/router.
            If this does not resolve please send and email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic and an attachment of your config.xml file.
            You can locate in Windows under Documents> NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you were able to previously connect this indicates a poor connection between your system and the Rithmic servers. Please exit NinjaTrader once again and try restarting your modem/router.
              If this does not resolve please send and email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic and an attachment of your config.xml file.
              You can locate in Windows under Documents> NinjaTrader 7
              Just to follow up - today was totally in bizarro world.

The 8:20 am disconnect.. TDA still working... I could use teamviewer back into my laptop with no problem. No Rithmic connection at all (but TDA was fine).

I logged into my router while on my laptop through teamviewer and saw nothing strange. I was also able to log into open ports/connections that I have running locally, even though those cloud apps could not connect from the outside world.

I made the mistake of rebooting my laptop hoping it would clear things up.

TeamViewer would no longer connect. I assumed that my change to "restart" was somehow misconstrued as "shutdown" since I could not connect.

anyways - I get home - laptop is running, no teamviewer connection. bring up IE - no internet websites functional... desktop same way.

ugh. but all my open ports to other local webservers functioning fine (except through cloud).

Nothing was allowed outbound ...

TDA is via HTTP connection.. is Rithmic on something else? SSL?

Anyways - I could not http to my cable modem.. but I logged into my router.. and rebooted from there- and then everything became available. all system back online.

Internal local network was not affected...

Well, hence my bizarro world day. I hope to never repeat this....

It does screw up my near perfect 10 month run of data recording... I do need to fake some data for market replay now and hopefully download from NT server ES 12-14 for today.

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear you got it working.

For information on if the Rithmic connection is HTTP, SSL, or something else you would need to contact your broker. If you are with NinjaTrader Brokerage I have provided the brokerage's contact information below.
                NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes