Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-creating a Page set-up

Hi,

I'm currently with eSignal and not happy with the delay that occurs with quotes, especially when the market is moving quickly.

I trade prop remote through a firm in NYC, and trade U. S. equities on one minute live charts throughout the day. I execute through my firm's trading platform, so would not be executing through Ninja nor need any of those features. Here's what I do need.
    A Quote Window with Level I quotes that include:
    Symbol
    Previous Closing Price
    Change from Previous Closing Price
    Percent Change
    Open, High, Low, And Last Traded Price
    Bid, and Bid Size
    Ask, and Ask Size
    Cumulative Volume
    This Quote Window needs to be linked with both a scrolling Time and Sales Window, and a Bar Price Chart with Volume Bars displayed below the Price Bars. I need to be able to see 1 minute bars and quickly change timeframes without having to open multiple new pages or go through multiple steps to do so.

Then I need a separate Quote Window with all the features above except Bid/Ask data for a list of Indicies. This needs to be linked to its own Bar Price Chart, also with volume.

The people at at least two other charting companies seemed to have difficulty understanding the concept of "linked." Linked means that each Quote Window and Price chart are tied together and update simultaneously.

I have also been very unimpressed with so-called Support at both of these. eSignal has great Support, but that's no good if quotes are slow. The only time I would need this is in the initial set-up - I do not program, do not use automated trading, do not need "indicators," or any of the rest of it.
    It looks like yuo have Support Hours - is this something where I can call and actually talk to a person to quickly solve problems?

Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but I have been frustrated by a lack of service and response from various companies. I'm looking for a data feed without quote problems - IQ Feed seems to think they can fulfill this - and a decent basic charting program for intraday, very fast scalp-type trading on a pro level; not retail, swing, or postion trading. I'm anxiuos to see if Ninja is that program as I've heard good things about the company!

Thanks for yuor time and help - I look forward to more information and answers to my concerns and questions!

Hi trader5660,

NinjaTrader has a quote screen that we call the Market Analyzer. You can completely customize the quote screen to display all the columns you want and remove all the columns you don't care for. For the columns that are not provided by default it is possible to custom code indicators that can be added as columns. I understand you don't program, but I wanted to inform you that the possibility is out there.

The Market Analyzer window can be loaded to watch whatever instruments you want so there should be no problem having one for equities and one for indexes.

Linking is available in the Market Analyzer. You can link multiple charts, SuperDOMs, Market Analyzers, etc. to each other. When you change instrument on one of them it will change on all of them. Changing time frame on charts is also very quick. It is just two clicks with no windows to interfere.

If you would like we could setup an appointment time to give you a support call and get all your questions answered quickly.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes