Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneous connections to Kinetick and eSignal

Hello,

I have a real time subscription to kinetick. Due to the fact that kinetick does not deliver real time data for spanish futures exchange (MEFF) I subscribed to eSignal to get data from this exchange. The issue I have is the following: if I connect to kinetick and then to eSignal, when I try to use data from MEFF (only available in eSignal), I get a message in NT saying this data is not available. If I close the kinetick connection, the data from the Meff exchange becomes automatically available from eSignal.

I have read the multiple connections documentation and as far as i understand this is not the expected behavior (or i wouldn't have acquired the eSignal subscription).

I guess I am doing something wrong, so what should I be doing to get the data from kinetick and whenever the data is not available, get it from eSignal?

I have version 21 of NT7, and my broker is interactive brokers.

Thanks for your help!

Hello ms_user,

Unfortunately this is expected behavior. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), you will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Kinetick supports futures. So when connected to Kinetick first, all futures data is loaded from Kinetick. Since Kinetick does not support MEFF data, no data is received. You will need to connect to eSignal first to receive MEFF data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

If I do what you say and connect to eSignal first, I guess I will be able to use MEFF data but will have the issue with the futures coming from kinetick. So, having two connections to get all the exchanges I need is useless. If at least I could open two NT instances, I could use ESignal in one of them and kinetick in the other, but that is not possible either.

Considering almost all Data Sources deliver almost all instrument types, and considering that each of them has a set of limitations (for example kinetick misses some european exchanges and the symbols coming from Esignal for the globex discount package aren't usable in NT), in reality multiple data connections are quite useless and one have to stick with one data provider and its limitations.

That's quite disappointing...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DanielSanMartin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes