X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot download History from MBT

Hi

I have two students who have issues downloading historical data:

1 gets an error message saying error loading date, error client side connect ... panic
    A thread in this forum indicates she is downloading too much data, we tried with 1 day and the same error occurs.

Student 2 seems to be locked to 1 month data at any one time.

Please help.

Hello cnecorp,

Could it be the incorrect MBT Navigator version is installed? Please see the MBTrading connection guide at the link below.

NinjaTrader requires 11.9.0.51. You can download it from the connection guide.

Can you please have student 1 send his log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Cannot download History from MBT (student 1)' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Is student 2 able to load more historical data in MBTrading? What instruments and intervals are affected? Does it make a difference if the student right clicks in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason
      Sorry for the late reply,yes both students use the correct version of Nav. That was the first thingI checked. I will advise them to send log and trace and refer to this thread.

Comment

Cannot download more than 1 month's data

Hi Jason,

I am the 'Student 2' as mentioned in the above thread. My problem is that if I put in a date range of more than 1 month into Historical Data Manager, Download tab I only get the last month of data.

My version of MB trading is 11.9.0.51

I cannot find a way to download data directly from MB Trading

I have tried it on most of my forex currency instruments. Mostly $AUDJPY and today $AUDUSD.

Please find attached my log and trace files from today's test using $AUDUSD

When I 'Reload All Historical Data' it makes no difference, and I don't see why it would, as that is a chart function that loads data that is already in Historical Data Manager anyway. My problem is getting the download from MT Trading into NinjaTrader to work.

I hope this info helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Raymat,

Could it be your MBTrading connection only provides 1 month of historical data for forex instruments? You seem to experience it for all forex instruments. I suggest to check with MBTrading for clarification.

You download historical data from MBTrading if you use the NinjaTrader Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab. Assuming you are connected to MBTrading in NinjaTrader when you do so.

The 'Reload All Historical Data' function does not only load data from the Historical Data Manager. It will load data from the connected data feed as well if needed. Please see the link below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?' for information how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

I notice you requested Tick data in the trace file. Does it make a difference if you select a Minute interval in the chart?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes