Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decimals displayed in price

Hello,

How can I control the number of decimals that are displayed for specific instruments? Right now I have TickSizes of .001 for JPY pairs and .00001 for most other pairs, but they all display with 4 decimal points giving me prices like

113.3980 (a useless zero at the end) or
    1.2657 when ticksize is .00001 so there is price detail missing

Thanks!

Hello entropy,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.25)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument(s) have you selected? Please provide specific examples of the instrument tested, the price it is listing and what the price should be as far as the decimal place.

In addition, please go to Tools > Options > Data > what is the 'Quote currencies (FX) in' set to?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi,

7.0.1000.22 Live
      FXCM

Example $EURUSD in instrument the TickSize is set to .00001 but it only displays 4 decimal places in price marker on the chart

Example $CHFJPY in instrument the TickSize is set to .001 but it displays 4 decimal places in price marker regardless

For the "Quote currencies (FX)" setting it is set to "pip" I see if i change this it adjusts TickSize but the Price Marker is uneffected

Thanks!

Comment

Hello entropy,

Thank you for your response.

Please attach a screenshot of the charts to your response.
        To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment. For detailed instructions please visit the following link: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Me too.

I am thinking I have the same problem here. Look at this ZN chart and you can see the axis prices seem meaningless, at least to me. The Databox will show the same kind of prices. The tick size for this instrument is .015625 and you see the high for today at this writing is 126.671875 in my indicator but the corresponding place on the axis shows 126'215 when the cross hair is at that price. I am just going to watch this thread to see where it goes.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by eDanny; 10-10-2014, 11:14 AM.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
            I am thinking I have the same problem here. Look at this ZN chart and you can see the axis prices seem meaningless, at least to me. The Databox will show the same kind of prices. The tick size for this instrument is .015625 and you see the high for today at this writing is 126.671875 in my indicator but the corresponding place on the axis shows 126'215 when the cross hair is at that price. I am just going to watch this thread to see where it goes.
            Interest rate futures are not quoted in decimals, but in 1/32nds (ZB, ZN) or 1/64ths (ZF, ZT). The price displayed on the axis is not meaningless, but it is the correct quote for ZN. The closing price displayed on the axis means 126 + 16/32nds. The data box also shows the correct quotes.

What is wrong here is the indicator that displays today's high and low. That one needs to be modified to show the correct quote. You can do that by reofrmatting the data.

Also the display of interest rate futures is a different problem and not linked to the quote for currencies pairs, which depends on the settings selected under Tools -> Options -> Data -> Quote currencies (FX) in:

Comment

Hmmm

I guess I needed an option to display in either mode. All fixed, see picture.
              Also in picture two you can see where both methods are used.

Dan
              Attached Files
              Last edited by eDanny; 10-13-2014, 04:15 PM.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there is no option to control the display of the price marker.

Comment

I was able to fix the problem by setting my ticksize for the FX pairs back to the base of 0.0001 and then enabling 10th pip EURUSD is displaying as 1.2652'2 now and "TickSize" definitely appears to be is 0.00001 in the indicators

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH