NT7 64-bit crashes on Startup, 32-bit version is fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 64-bit crashes on Startup, 32-bit version is fine

Hi - I installed NT7 (v 7.0.1000.25) a few days ago on a Win7 64-bit PC. The 32-bit version of NT7 works fine. However, when I went to run the 64-bit version, I get an "Unable to connect to database..." exception screen. I've captured it as a .jpg and attached it to this post. Any ideas as to why 64-bit NT7 is crashing?
    Attached Files

Hello ntatrader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
    • Run the file names SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please send us a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your telephone number and this thread in the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...treply&t=69395

Comment

Hi Patrick - after following the procedure that you laid out, I was then able to run NT7 64-bit without any problems. Thanks very much for your assistance!

Comment

I've never been able to run 64 bit without it crashing, only 32 bit. I recently updated Ninja to version 25 and followed the procedure above re: SQL. My 32 bit runs fine. I can start 64 bit and it opens charts and workspaces but is missing even basic indicators like an EMA. If I click on any chart, it then crashes. I have the same problem on both my laptop and desktop. I would like to run 64 bit. Thanks.

Comment

Hello flipper26,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please place this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=69395"

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I managed to get the 64 bit running without crashing but I am missing indicators in the 64 bit. An example of these error messages in the log - "Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.anaPivotsWeeklyV42'. Most likely there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." I can see the indicator listed in MyDocuments/Ninjatrader 7/Bin/Custom/Indicator but I don't see them when I login to 64 bit and I can't import them in 64 bit. Everything runs fine in 32 bit, I can see the indicators in 32 bit, add them to charts and import them. Thanks.

Comment

flipper26, did you send your traces and logs in to us? If not it would be great if you could do that today so we could review. If you are on 64 bit, you can compile all scripts without issue, correct?
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, not yet as I was able to fix the 64 bit crash issue myself. Yes, I am able to compile all the indicators in 64 bit, including the ones that I don't see when I bring up a chart and try to add an indicator.

Comment

flipper26, thanks. Do you recall when this first appeared? I suspect an incompatible assembly installed being the issue here. Would be good if we could take a look at those diagnostic trace / logs to see what DLL's are loaded up at startup in your setup.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 10-17-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I didn't call when it first happened because 32 bit was working fine and I'm still on the fence about running 64 bit vs 32 bit but thought I'd try it again hoping for a performance improvement. Oddly enough, most of the indicators not showing up in 64 bit are from Big Mike's and coded by Harry (a frequent contributor of indicators here). Some of his indicators show up in the 64 bit but many are not.

Comment

Understood, but those scripts would be open code mostly, correct? Or did you install any assemblies as well? Would be in any case good to have the the trace / log files reviewed by your team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes