Collapse

Problems connecting to IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I was wondering if you can help. I have an auto trade program and I wanted to back test it with NTs strategy analyzer. The instrument is CL and in the analyzer default there is CL 3-15. Which works great. However I want to back test further. I can't find any historic data. I am connected to my IB paper account, but I don't know if I can get any historic data from it beyond CL 3. Even if I found historic data I am confused on how to load it into the strategy analyzer.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader should be set to request this data automatically. Please open the Options menu (Tools > Options) then navigate to the Data tab. Which 'Merge Policy' is in place here?

If you were to open a CL 02-15 chart, would an error appear on screen? If so, what does that message report?
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi it says get data from server is checked and the other box is merge back adjusted

Comment

Ok I have gotten the chart to load data and work for CL 02 15 but still can't figure out how to load CL 02-15 into the strategy anylizer

Comment

Hello Bill123,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Based on the fact that you can access data in the chart it should also be possible to backtest with this instrument. I would recommend that you add the 02-15 contract of CL to your Default instrument list then try starting a backtest using the Strategy Analyzer.
            Please see the following link to our Help Guide for an overview of the steps which are required to add an instrument to the Default list: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes