Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why can't I have two stop orders pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I have two stop orders pending?

I want to have two stop orders pending (or one pending and one working) in opposite directions - one is a long stop and one is a short stop order. However, Strategy Analyzer will not allow this situation -- I found this on this Help Guide Page:

Methods that generate orders (excluding market orders) to enter a position will be ignored if:
    • The strategy position is flat and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction

I can or course do this type of stop order setup manually - why can't I do it with the Strategy Analyzer? I have a legitimate reason to do this.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

The reason is to prevent unwanted strategy positions. If you still wish to do so I suggest running two strategies simultaneously, but please be aware of the potential implications of running such orders in that configuration.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am aware, and I set up my order quantities and stops to prevent problems. So how do you run two strategies at the same time in the Analyzer or in a chart trader window? Is there a help guide page on this?

Thanks!
      cassb

Comment

- you can't backtest multiple strategies the same time in strategy analyzer
        - you can run multiple strategies simultaneously on the chart by selecting these strategies in Right click->Strategies
        - you also can run multiple strategies simultaneously on the control center, strategies tab

Comment

OK, thank you Dierk!
          cassb

Comment

Actually, Josh gave me an idea. I can have two pending stop orders in opposite directions at the same time, right? So, when one of the two is filled, I'll just cancel the other that was still pending. Then after the open order is closed, I'll just place the two pending stop orders again. Rinse and repeat.
            cassb

Comment

Please see the help guide article on Internal Order Handling Rules. You may run into some of those. If you are using two separate strategies there will be no issue though.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post XXtrader  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes