Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to perms

Hello,

When I try to connect to my MB Trading connection, I get the following message:

"Unable to connect to terms. Please check your network connection".

The thing is, I do have an internet connection because I can acces all websites I want. In fact, when I connect to another internet connection I don't get this message and there are no problems at all.

Does anybody know why I am unable to connect while a valid internet connection is available? I already tried to setup a new account connection but that doesn't work as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Aqua-Life,

If you can access websites, it does not mean your MBTrading connection should work as well. It connects to a different IP address than the websites. To connect to this IP address, it will take a different route than the websites. There could be an issue in the internet backbone of the ISP which affects the MBTrading connection only.

You could perform a tracert test to check if there is an issue between routers from your location to the MBTrading server. The connection goes from your computer via various routers to the MBTrading server.

The tracert procedure allows you to check where connection might fail or experiences large latency. It will sent a package to the MBTrading server and it will track down the routers it connects through.

You will need to contact MBTrading and ask them what IP address is used by their server. Subsequently enter the IP address for the X's below.

In Windows, select Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt.

Enter "tracert XX.XXX.XX.XXX" and hit Enter. Check if you see any major latencies between routers. More information regarding this procedure can be found at the link below.
    How to perform a traceroute to a domain or website - this will help identify connection problems.

If you see latency between certain routers, please contact your ISP and check if there is anything they can do from their end.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post loganjarosz123  
    Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes