.net framework 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.net framework 3.5

I'd like to use NT on a virtualized AWS server 2012 platform but I can't get the older .net framework 3.5 to install correctly.

Have looked at install recs on the web - use the roles and features tool, etc. All good. What I'm hanging up on is getting the files for install outside the bootstrapper. The final step in the recommended install procedure is to specify the path to the \sources\sxs folder on the installation media. If you check the .net 3.5 download site, you can get the full redistributable package outside the bootstrapper, but it downloads as a single .exe file. Any way I could unpack this to point to the files that server 2012 needs to complete installation?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unsure of a way to unpack an exe, there may be a guide online for this but this would not be something we could support as this is going beyond the normal .net installation or system requirements really.

Have you checked with the server provider if they offer any support, this would be the best first step as they have control over your AWS and know the version of windows you are using best.
    If not you may check with Microsoft support or google to see if there are any unpacked versions specifically for this situation or if they have any other recommendations.

This is the only information I can provide on the subject, Hopefully we have a user on the forum who has encountered a similar situation and will post as well.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT update

Thanks, was just reading other threads on the .net 3.5 issue - it also seems to be a question of when you're updating NT to work with .NET framework 4.5.1. Any timeline to report?

Comment

Hello,

For NinjaTrader 7,
        I don't believe there are any plans for updating to 4.5 as the platform was designed around 3.5 framework for its control set so this would be a massive update.

NinjaTrader 8 will be using 4.5 framework as it will be designed around this framework from the get go.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

And when will NT8 debut?

Comment

Hello,

There is currently not a solid release date on it.

If you would like you can email our support directly at platformsupport @ ninjatrader.com and request to be put on the beta list. We will notify the beta list users first for testing before the platform is release publicly.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes