Issue about dual connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue about dual connections

I am a NinjaTrader coder with several hundred people using my software.

One of my customers has an Interactive Brokers live trading account through which he must place live trades.

The InteractiveBrokers data feed isn't so good, so he has subscribed to IQFeed for their data.

In NinjaTrader, he is connecting first to IQFeed and then to Interactive Brokers. When he does it in this way, the data seems to come reliably from IQFeed and he seems to be able to trade on Interactive Brokers.

However, during high-volume times such as market open, his charts will freeze. The freeze is NOT happening to the other several hundred people using the same charting software, so I know the issue is unique to the situation where he is connected to IQFeed and Interactive Brokers at the same time.

Since the instruments he trades (NQ and CL) have a datafeeds available from both IQFeed and Interactive Brokers, is it possible that NinjaTrader is trying to feed DOUBLE data into each chart, running his computer's cpu at double the intensity of other traders using the same charts?

What are the other possible issues that could crop up in NinjaTrader?

I would really like to be able to go to the instrument manager, and for each instrument, select which connection to use for data and which connection to use for trading.

How can I go about trouble-shooting this issue?

thanks / Ben

Specifically, can I force NinjaTrader to use IQFeed for the data and only use InteractiveBrokers for placing orders?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

When connecting to 2 different connections that both supply the same data, the one connected to first is where the data is pulled from. There are no conflicts in this regard.

How large is this users workspace? How many days of data is he loading? We typically see this type of behavior when a workspace is providing too much of CPU load for the users computer to handle. Does the user encounter error messages? Does the user experience this same behavior with a standard NinjaTrader chart with no indicators applied?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
      * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
      * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
      * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
      * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what elements you add back in so that we can narrow down what may be causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue without your saved workspace.
      Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post SantoshXX  
      Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes