Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sledge,

Thanks for the link.
    Do you know whether NT8 has any improvements in the Walk-Forward Optimization area?
    For example, in NT7:
    - You cannot execute MonteCarlo on all sets of out-of-sample trades. It would be nice to do MonteCarlo on ALL sets of OOS trades.
    - You cannot see Performance Stats for ONLY out-of-sample time-windows. It would be nice to get a report with only OOS, as, let's face it, that's the only real measure of your live performance.
    - If you save a Strategy Run from Strategy Analyser, it does NOT save its associated trades. You may want to come back later to see the strategy's associated trades as well.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Can you please address the below - are there any of the below being addressed in NT8?

- You cannot execute MonteCarlo on all sets of out-of-sample trades. It would be nice to do MonteCarlo on ALL sets of OOS trades.
      - You cannot see Performance Stats for ONLY out-of-sample time-windows. It would be nice to get a report with only OOS, as, let's face it, that's the only real measure of your live performance.
      - If you save a Strategy Run from Strategy Analyser, it does NOT save its associated trades. You may want to come back later to see the strategy's associated trades as well.

Thanks,
      Andrei

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you clarify what Out-Of-Sample trades you refer to? Are you referring to the Walk Forward tab and selecting trades from one of the performance results?

The Strategy Analyzer has been improved in NinjaTrader 8 to feature far more information and options, this includes Show Log that allows you to select from your previous tests and load the performance results - which include the trades.

Comment

Market Replay working??

I am able to connect to Replay, however, the Replay Controller is not coming up - am I doing something wrong??

Thanks.

Comment

Hello fsallen,

Thank you for your post.

I will continue to work with you via e-mail.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Indeed I was referig to Walk Forward tab.
              And a nice to have feature would be ability to execute MonteCarlo on all sets of out-of-sample trades from a Walk Forward back-test. Say, your Walk-Forward looks like this:
              IS_A, OOS_A, IS_B, OOS_B, IS_C, OOS_C (where A, B, C are time intervals).
              Currently, NT7 allows you to right-click on ONLY ONE of these sets or results (IS_A, IS_B, etc) and execute MonteCarlo. For me, it would be of MUCH more use if I could execute MonteCarlo only on the Out-Of-Sample results (OOS_A, OOS_B, OOS_C). This could be achievable if the Application would let you mouse-click & select a multiple of sets (like - I would CTRL + click on each of the Out-Of-Sample time intervals, then right-click on the selection and execute Montecarlo). Of course, mouse selection is not a good option for a high number of sets, so a better way of doing this would be good (like select ALL Out-Of-Sample time-frames).

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Thank you for your update.

I will forward your suggestion along.

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Your suggestion has been given the id of SFT-464.

Comment

After messing with this for quite a long time, I'm looking for help trying to get Market Replay to work on a simple, naked chart. (NinjaTrader 7.31)

These are the steps I'm taking:
                    • Connect to my Data Feed (Kinetick)
                    • Go to Tools > Historical Data Manager > Download tab
                    • Select a date range of about a week, click all the check boxes, and hit download
                    • Disconnect from my data feed and then connect to the "Market Replsy" Connection
                    • Right-click and choose "Available Data" and the data I tried to download previously is not there
                    • When I choose a "From" date to something in the past, nothing happens (since the data isn't there)
                    • If I go into the "Historical Data Manager" again, look at the Edit tab, I DO see my data that I downloaded

I've tried all the above steps with "Record for Market Reply" checked and un-checked in the Options > Data tab

I've also tried with Futures and for Forex with the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
                    Last edited by neoikon; 07-20-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neoikon View Post

I've also tried with Futures and for Forex with the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
                      Wrong data! That's historical.

You want to watch this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ITAvYaV78

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for your post.

You are downloading historical data which is not used in Market Replay for NinjaTrader 7. You would need to go to File > Utilities > Download Replay Data in order to download the needed data.

Please visit the following link for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...7/set_up12.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                          You would need to go to File > Utilities > Download Replay Data in order to download the needed data.
                          But what if I want to download replay data for a several instruments for whole week or month? How can I do this without going through each day of each instrument over and over?

Can't we simply download replay data for an instrument list for a specific period?

Comment

Originally posted by Trading Noob View Post
                            But what if I want to download replay data for a several instruments for whole week or month? How can I do this without going through each day of each instrument over and over?

Can't we simply download replay data for an instrument list for a specific period?
                            No.

But you could try 3rd party.

The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!

You can also start recording your own data.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                              Thanks! Great source!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM