Chart delay during recent high volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart delay during recent high volume

On 10/15 it appears my chart was lagging in printing bars by 20 seconds. This was during a pretty high volume time for the ES. I added a sell limit order well above price and it ended up getting filled nowhere near the current bar. Comparing the trade marks to the broker and NT log, it appears the chart price was lagging. I'm using a live paid Kinetick feed.

Is this an NT issue, or Kinetick delay?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    It sounds like your PC clock is out of sync.
    Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

Shutdown NinjaTrader

Sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. The message displayed after syncing the clock should say its successful. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Restart NinjaTrader -> right-click your chart -> select Reload All Historical Data
    The chart should be coming at the correct time and the orders should line up correctly.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That appears to have corrected the trade markers. The frightening things is that my pc clock was already set to time.nist.gov and the correct TZ. I was instructed to take the same steps a few weeks back for another support incident.

So now the question is, why would it become out of sync and how can I ensure that it stays in sync going forward?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bkeogh View Post
        That appears to have corrected the trade markers. The frightening things is that my pc clock was already set to time.nist.gov and the correct TZ. I was instructed to take the same steps a few weeks back for another support incident.

So now the question is, why would it become out of sync and how can I ensure that it stays in sync going forward?

Thanks
        If your PC's clock is drifting, that is most likely a hardware issue. A weak CMOS battery is the usual culprit. You can temporarily workaround the issue by installing a clock synchronizer program to periodically sync the time very often, but replacing the CMOS battery is really the better option.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader