Chart/connection/issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart/connection/issue

Hey I had a strange problem with NT last night and was hoping someone could help me out.

Last night I noticed the ticks moved really really slow but thought nothing of it until I realised that NT was freezing and then all of a sudden 2 bars would pop up. When I saw this I closed the trade but the profit was completely off.

1st picture is when I first closed the trade when I realised it was NT messing up
    2nd is this morning.

Why did it close so much lower then the price?
    What was the problem? (it wasn't only with the chart, when I looked at the SD or control center nothing was moving)
    Attached Files

Hello ntpro,

Sell orders are executed at the bid price. Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Price based on' to Bid and click OK. Check if the data justifies the execution.

I am not sure why NinjaTrader became unresponsive all of a sudden. Could it be you had other programs running at that time?

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello ntpro,

Sell orders are executed at the bid price. Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Price based on' to Bid and click OK. Check if the data justifies the execution.

I am not sure why NinjaTrader became unresponsive all of a sudden. Could it be you had other programs running at that time?

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

I just checked 'Price based on' close/ask/bid none of which justify the low execution.

No there were no other programs open as i use the computer only for trading

I also only had one chart with only 2 indicators and this happened well after closing hours volatility should have been low.

Comment

Hello ntpro,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Chart/connection/issue' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include at what time you closed the trade.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
        Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes