Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Enable An Auto Strategy And View On Chart

Hi,

Sorry for what is probably a simple question but have been looking around for a bit and can't find a simple walk through video of enabling an automatic trading strategy and then being able to view the trades appearing on a chart,

I have written a strategy, I went to "strategies tab" selected the strategy I wanted. Then made sure it was on the Sim Account (for testing) then clicked "enabled". I assume this means the strategy is running and will execute as per my script in the background?

I would like to get a chart up of the product I am trading and see my orders/trades etc appearing on the chart as the automated system does its thing so I can check it is performing correctly.

How is this done please?

Thanks a lot

Hi Tom, if you set this up from the Strategies tab the script's actions would not be visualized on any charts, that's a mode for background high performance strategy execution.

If you do the same process of starting your script directly from a chart > you can directly review the historical and following realtime trades.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand.

Could I in theory do both?
      Have the high performance strategy running just in the "strategies section" but also have a chart running a strategy to test it is executing in the right places.

Feel a bit uncomfortable just letting a strategy loose without being able to watch what it is doing.

Thanks

Comment

Definitely understand that Tom. The option would be either or, so for getting starting would recommend sticking to running it directly from a chart to gain more confidence.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes