Chart Cabdlesticks not....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Cabdlesticks not....

I just downloaded the Demo platform, and every symbol I try and pull up ( except for the ES ) is NOT showing more than 1 to 2 candlesticks,
    And this is happening on every chart , no matter what Symbol I put in ( NQ, YM, 6E, ZC, AAPL, IBM ), or what timeframe chart I pull up ( Weekly, daily, tick, volume )

Is there I way that I can pull up data of the price action ( candles ) from 1 year or more ( preferably 5 years back plus ) ?

Thanks so much - Michael

Hi mdsvtr,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What expiry (contract month) are you using with each instrument?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChelseaB

Here are my options/what I have selected for the various questions....

1. I am currently running the Simulated Data Feed , since I figured it would give me as close to real time data ( since I'm on the Demo platform right now )
      I do have the options to select... External Data Feed, Kinetick - End of Day ( Free ), Market Replay and Simulated Data Feed
      Whish do you recommend I use when connecting ?

2. All the Contracts Exp. for each symbol is showing me ..... 12-14 ( as the expiration )
      I'm assuming this is the current contract for each symbol ( ES, CL, GC, YM, 6E, NQ, etc... ) ?

3. As far as chart interval(s) go.... I tried Daily, Weekly, tick and volume ,
      and no matter which time interval I select, I'm still only getting 1 to 2 candles plotting on my chart

4. I'm not seeing or getting any errors on the charts

I'm mainly trying to " collect " as many candles form say 3 months, 6 months to a year ago or more on my charts for each symbol, and I'm only getting the 1 to 2 candles plotted on the charts

I really appreciate all of your help and your time helping me.
      Hopefully we can get it fixed after all this

Is there a refresh or re-calculate back to X amount of days that I need to select ?

Just let me know and thank you again - Michael

Comment

Hello mdsvtr,

None of the built in connections provide minute or tick historical data.

The Simulated data feed is not real data. This is fake data that is generated for testing. There is no historical data with this connection to populate a chart.

The Market Replay connection is used to playback a recorded day, and this data can be downloaded from File -> Utilities -> Download replay data... This also does not provide historical data for your charts.

The External feed is used for connecting to 3rd party applications that do not have an API with NinjaTrader such as a custom program you create your self. Another example is trade station. This connection also does not provide historical data for your charts.

The Kinetick End of Day Free connection does provide historical End of Day data (Daily data) but does not provide historical tick or minute data.

You will need to connect to a data provider or a broker if you would like historical tick or minute data on your charts.

Below is a link to the help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that show the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Also, here is a link to the connection guides to assist in creating a connection to your chosen data provider or broker.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/Support.php#Help-Guides
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
        1 response