Part of chart repeats in Replay mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of chart repeats in Replay mode

I select one day worth of data in Replay mode, open a 15m chart and scroll replay to the end of the day. At the beginning of the session there is a repeating piece (Red square on History1). But there is no problem with historical data, because when I repeat the same for the next date, beginning of that session is Ok (green square on History2), but beginning of current session is screwed again (red square on History2).

Session template is unmodified default "CME US Index Futures ETH"
    With "CME US Index Futures ETH2" it's pretty much the same.

BTW I find it stupid that replay engine is not capable of using replay data as historical data, but I guess this was done intentionally.
    Attached Files

Hello User13,

Thank you for your post.

The duplicate bars may mean that the historical data was originally downloaded using a different time zone.
    (The time stamps of the historical data is causing the issue)

My recommendation would be to delete the historical data and download it again.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache data:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Open (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/db/cache/
    • Delete all files within this folder
    • Go up one directory to the /db/ folder
    • Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Connect

Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied and set the date range over the data you want to download.

This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers.

Once complete, try running the Market Replay again.

Also, if there is no historical data downloaded, and you skip forward in the Market Replay it should populate the chart with data from the Market Replay.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, historical data was downloaded whilst in different time zone, I'll try to redownload. But this would mean that historical data should be redownloaded on every daylight saving switch, i.e. twice a year???

Regarding skipping - with no downloaded historical data, chart will only display data starting from the beginning of the current session regardless of how many days worth of replay data going back I have. I will not see previous sessions. That's what I meant. And this IS stupid.

Comment

Hi User13,

You are correct, the Market Replay will only load back to the beginning of the session.

This has been widely requested and I will be adding your vote toward adding this functionality to the next major release of NinjaTrader.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've redownloaded the historical data and looks like the issue is gone.

But poor design remains and I guess another side of it is inability to use exchange time for charts...

Comment

Hello User13,

Thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader's charts wil lbe based on your local PC's time zone/clock. If you wanted your charts to be based off the exchange you would need to exit NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock.
            Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Brandon, but I guess no sane person would change their PC TZ only to be able to see NT chart in exchange TZ. (and what if I trade both CME and EUREX?)

Poor design it is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jon17
              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM