Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko chart from FXCM AT

Hi,

Is it possible to create Renko charts from FXCM Active Trader datafeed? I'm getting a blank screen intraday so I doubt they supply tick-data? Any ideas?

Hello siroki,

Thank you for writing in.

FXCM supports historical tick data within NinjaTrader. Do you receive any type of error message as a pop-up or on the "Log" tab of your Control Center?

I look forward to your reply
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, I found out it does work, but it takes extremely long to load up a chart. Probably because it has to download the tick-data on each request. Is there a way to record to the tick-data while having a connection open so I don't have to download it upon a chart request?

Comment

Yes, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and enable 'Save chart data as historical'.

What historical data source do you use? Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections. Highlight your FXCM connection and click Change. Click Next.

If historical data is not set to NinjaTrader's servers, please do so and click next until you finish the connection. Restart NinjaTrader and check if historical tick data is loaded quicker.

Data is loaded quicker from our NinjaTrader server.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by siroki View Post
          Hi,

Is it possible to create Renko charts from FXCM Active Trader datafeed? I'm getting a blank screen intraday so I doubt they supply tick-data? Any ideas?
          Hi Siroki

I'm on the verge of opening an account with FXCM where I plan to use Ninja using Renko bars. You'll understand why I'm interested in this thread.

At present, I'm using the Kinetick datafeed and certainly historical charts with Renko bars can take some time to form as all the tick data has to be downloaded.

My question is this: if you've been daytrading with FXCM and using their feed, do the Renko bars form effectively instantly in realtime as opposed to historical charting?

I'm hoping of course there's no problem with FXCM's realtime datafeed.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by arbuthnot; 10-27-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Great, both suggestions work like a charm! Thanks.

Comment

I have my Renko updated every 1-min, so it's updated if it can have a xx-pip close within that 1-min timeframe.

Comment

Thanks for that, Siroki, so I assume that all's working well with your FXCM realtime feed.

Much obliged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes