Intel Core 2 Quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Core 2 Quad

Hi, I have about 8 tick charts (e-mini's) and about 30 other charts ranging from minutes to daily all this on 3, 22 inches monitor. Sometimes my CPU seems to be bearly able to keep the pace when the market trades quickly as the processor is close to 90% , I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.40 Ghz with 2 Gig of Ram and Windows XP 32 bit.

Do you think that a Core 2 Quad would improve when the markets are ticking fast let's say when a news comes out as otherwise I can't trade as it can take 1 or 2 minutes before I can have acces to my charts.

Thanks

Laurent

Possibly but I would try reviewing our suggestions for performance first - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Intel Core 2 Duo machine got a significant boost when I increased it from 2GB to 3GB of RAM.

Unfortunately that's about as high as it goes. Adding another 1GB stick of memory only takes it up to 3.25GB, so I just added a single stick of memory which only cost about $20.

Going from 2GB to 3GB only sounds like a 50% increase, but when you figure out how much memory Windows and all the other garbage processes take up, the amount of space left for applications probably doubles by adding a single 1GB memory stick to what was a 2GB machine.

Comment

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
        My Intel Core 2 Duo machine got a significant boost when I increased it from 2GB to 3GB of RAM.

Unfortunately that's about as high as it goes. Adding another 1GB stick of memory only takes it up to 3.25GB, so I just added a single stick of memory which only cost about $20.

Going from 2GB to 3GB only sounds like a 50% increase, but when you figure out how much memory Windows and all the other garbage processes take up, the amount of space left for applications probably doubles by adding a single 1GB memory stick to what was a 2GB machine.
        Thanks I had allready done that, what helped the most was to increase the display update interval to 1 sec on my tick charts and on longer terms one to 2 sec.

That really seems to solved my problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses